Our client has a lucrative opportunity for a Network Engineer to join a successful blue-chip company. This is a company who put real emphasis on the value of hard work, honesty and enthusiasm.
As the Network Engineer you will be involved with working with the networking team to support a network of 70 virtual Windows servers, 110 users (Windows, Mac and Citrix) including 25 remote users.
They offer a competitive basic salary plus finance company benefits including discretionary bonus scheme, generous pension scheme, private healthcare, employee loan scheme and 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
This role is based in Uttoxeter and is commutable from Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Cheadle, Blythe Bridge and Stone.
* As the Network Engineer you will be managing, configuring and supporting a computer network and maintaining network hardware, computers and software.
* Ensuring network availability is key to this role as well as maintenance, network security, data back-up, preventative disaster recovery operations and evaluating new technologies.
* The role holder is responsible for managing the company’s IT Service Desk which includes management responsibility for one direct report.
* As the Network Engineer you will be supporting a range of users including 70 virtual Windows servers, 110 users (Windows, Mac and Citrix) including 25 remote users.
* You will be involved with continuous improvement for the network, computers and software
* As the Network Engineer you will have responsibility of the service desk, Cisco VOIP, troubleshooting and mobile device management
* Experienced in network management/infrastructure with an exceptional focus on network security.
* Experienced in Windows Server/Desktop configuration plus trouble shooting.
* Previous experience in Firewall configuration including IDP, Cisco VoIP is highly preferred.
* Security hardening (Windows and Peripherals) would be advantageous.
* Experience with mobile device management.
* Must be able to work independently as well as working well within a small team.
* Communicate effectively in writing, in person and over the telephone.
* Maintain knowledge in terms of latest technologies and trends; and
* Manage a team member who is training via a formal IT apprenticeship pathway.
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: IT Manager, ICT Technician, Networking Technician, IT Infrastructure.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am till 4:45pm
Salary: circa £30,000
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.