Business Applications and Hardware Technician
£24,000, rising to £25,000 after successful 3-month probation
37.5 Hours a week
Office Based (Manchester)
This is a challenging role supporting a very well-known company working in a team of 6 spread across the country. A successful candidate will be proficient in the use and build of desktop IT equipment. You will have a good working knowledge of the Windows OS environment, Gmail/Google admin, Office (Apply online only), 365 and basic network knowledge, preferably supported by an IT qualification. You will also be comfortable with hands on physical work within the wider warehouse and office environment. Preferably but not essential they will have experience of working in a Help Desk / Service Desk environment and have excellent customer skills. Be capable of managing their work time, be able to resolve IT queries following logical analysis, work as part of a team, have a can-do attitude and complete calls / tasks by agreed deadlines.
The successful candidate will need excellent administration and communication skills.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
· Configure and repair all the devices used by the company, e.g. Mobile phones, PCs, Laptops, Printers, and other peripheral items.
· Complete Laptop, Desktop, and phone builds and setup prior to deployment to the user
· Provide hands on support for deployment of new equipment or resolution of faulty equipment
· Assist all hardware Technicians in project work as and when required
· Maintain a log of all technical faults using the Support Desk software
· Be able to install, configure and administrate all applications used within the business on the laptop/desktop of Company users.
· Administrate the movement of Company IT hardware within the Service Desk and associated spreadsheet registers.
· Administrate the allocation and movement of Company IT software and licenses within the Service Desk and associated spreadsheet registers.
· Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
· Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty
· Staff the Service Desk telephone line during core business hours.
· Be the initial response for all IT related requests into the Service Desk.
· Triage calls in the Service Desk, to validate priority and ensure completion of information.
· Investigate and solve all IT requests that come into the Service Desk to the best of their ability.
· Escalate to Tier 2 support where there are knowledge gaps within processes or where they cannot solve a call.
· Manage service desk requests and liaise with external Suppliers on requests that are serviced externally. Also ensure that these requests are solved within SLA and bring failing requests to the attention of the IT Support Manager.
· Develop a sound knowledge of all applications used within the company
· Develop sound knowledge of all business processes around applications used in the company
· Where required, document new processes and publish them on the support portal.
· Ensure that Company IT policies are adhered to.
· Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
· Liaise with external support agencies to resolve faults speedily
· Contribute to the continual improvement plan of the department
If this sounds of interest to you, apply to the advert or send your CV to (url removed)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.