IT Support Technician
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7JR
Salary: Competitive based on experience.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Company Benefits: Pension Scheme, 31 days holiday (including Statutory), Extra holidays for length of service, Life Insurance, Profit Related Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, incentive scheme.
You’ve probably not heard of ABC Mobility Group, but we are the holding Company for Autochair, Brig-Ayd Controls, the Adaptation Installation Company hubs, and the newly launched Mobility in Motion business.
We operate in a niche market and while you may not know us now, one day as you inevitably get older you may come to rely on one of the products we offer.
This is a growth market, and we are the market leaders in our area of expertise, offering products that enable people to maintain their independence, including the use of their cars. Our products are genuinely liberating and transformative for their users.
ABC Mobility Group is recruiting for an IT Support Technician to join our Infrastructure team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about IT and has a keen interest in developing themselves alongside the business and IT objectives set by senior management.
To support the IT team in providing a comprehensive IT service for The ABC Mobility Group to enable it to meet its company objectives and business targets.
As IT Support Technician, you’ll be responsible for supporting and maintaining the company's IT network, servers, client devices and security systems, including investigating, diagnosing, and resolving network, server, client devices and software problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
Given the requirement for a passionate individual we also offer time within work hours to develop their IT skills to upskill themselves alongside the growing use of technology in the organisation.
* Jira Service Management – Investigating/Diagnosing/Resolving new & existing requests raised, Logging and management of problems/incidents and upkeep and creation of assets.
* Basic end user training.
* Creation and upkeep of documentation in Confluence.
* User onboarding and offboard – Creating new users, Assigning rights to relevant software and files, Resetting passwords.
* 3cx administration – Creation and amendments to extensions, Call log and recording requests, Provisioning desk and soft phones.
* Installation and configuring new and existing desktops, laptops, mobiles phones and tablets.
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
* Repairing and replacing damaged/failed computer and network components.
* Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices.
* To undertake project work as assigned by the IT Management Team.
* Liaise with 3rd party support.
* Stock management of IT equipment.
Key Skills, Experience and Competencies
* Jira Service management or any other ITSM solution.
* Windows Operating Systems including 7/10/11
* Microsoft Office Suite.
* Windows Server 2016/2019/2022
* Microsoft cloud services – Azure, Entra ID, Microsoft 365, Intune, SharePoint
* Windows Server roles – DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, File and Print
* Basic networking experience – Understanding of common network devices: Firewalls, routers, switches, and access points, Cabling: Patching to switches and making cables.
* Methodical approach to investigating issues using tools such as Google, ChatGPT etc.
* Great people skills with people from diverse backgrounds and IT skills levels.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Reliable and punctual
* Driving license and access to your own car are mandatory.
If you are excited by this opportunity, and feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance