We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic IT Support Engineer to join one of Oxfordshire’s most exciting and fast-growing technology business based near Abingdon.
The IT Support Engineer will work closely with the IT Manager to deliver day to day support as well as the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s critical IT infrastructure to fulfil the current and future business needs. A passion for detail and a desire to understand things, coupled with a service orientated mindset will be the key for this role.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
* Provide polite and professional technical support, training and guidance for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
* Installing/upgrading windows based computers and installing software packages
* Carry out general administration duties, such as create/modify users, security groups, etc
* Perform general troubleshooting for hardware/software problems across our sites.
* Maintaining/creating documentation for processes and procedures
* Document all jobs on the IT Support helpdesk in line with standard operation procedures
* Prioritise and manage several open issues at any one time then escalating any unresolved issues
* Maintain an up-to-date asset register of all hardware and software
* Assist with large system configuration and commissioning
* Assist with management and control of software and firmware updates and releases
* Assist with the creation/development of technical support documentation and procedures.
* Undertake additional duties, or assist other members of staff, as may be reasonably requested by your Manager
Essential selection criteria
* Accustomed to working in a small technical team but also independently
* Ability to work under pressure
* Proven work experience as an IT Support Engineer or similar role
* Hands on experience with windows/linux/Mac OS environments
* Good understanding of computer systems, mobiles devices and other tech products
* Familiarity with remote desktop applications and helpdesk software
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills
* Office 365
* Active Directory
* Ability to provide step-by-step technical help both written and verbal
Desirable selection criteria
* Basic cyber security knowledge
-Competitive salary, depending on experience
-25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
-Company pension scheme
-Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
-Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
-Private medical insurance after 3 months service
-Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.