Do you have IT Helpdesk / 1st Line Support experience with Microsoft Server Directories?
Are you looking for a friendly team, competitive salary, and excellent benefits?
Then read on!
IT Support Engineer
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
About the Role
We’re a people first, customer focused IT support company, based in Southampton. We’re looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our small friendly team, helping us to provide first class, support services to our diverse range of customers.
As the role involves direct customer contact, we’re looking for candidates that are well presented, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. These really are as important to us as your IT skills.
You’ll be working in a fast-moving helpdesk environment providing remote and onsite support to resolve customer IT issues in a friendly and relaxed manner. You’ll also have the satisfaction of taking ownership of your customer issues through to resolution. Part of the role is to meet with our customers onsite to implement projects, install new hardware or to provide training on new technologies. A company car is provided for any site visits.
We’re looking for someone with at least 2 years IT Helpdesk experience who is well presented, friendly, articulate, and passionate about customer service. You’ll need to be self-motivated and happy working with minimal supervision in a small friendly team.
You’ll need to have a thorough understanding of all Microsoft technologies, including servers, operating systems, Microsoft 365 & Azure cloud services. Additionally, you’ll need to be able to deploy and manage network devices such as, switches, firewalls, and routers.
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
Skills and Experience
* At least 2 years hands on experience with Microsoft server technologies (Server 2016 & 2019, Active Directory, DNS)
* Management and deployment of Microsoft Exchange Server and email services
* Management and setup of Microsoft Office 365 technologies and security implementation
* Knowledge of a wide range IT systems, including network devices (switches, routers, wireless access points), workstations and associated operating systems
* Experience working on an internal IT helpdesk
* Excellent verbal and written English skills are essential
* 23 days holiday – increasing each year (plus statutory bank holidays)
* Modern air-conditioned office
* Free parking
* Free tea and coffee (and sometimes even cakes)
* Annual salary review
* Paid training and certification
How to apply for the IT Support Engineer job
If you have the skills and experience required for this IT Support Engineer, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include IT Helpdesk, IT Support, 1st Line Support, 1st Line, 2nd Line, 2nd Line Support, Desktop Support, IT Service Desk, Helpdesk Engineer, Helpdesk Administrator, Service Desk Engineer, Service Desk Support, 1st Line Helpdesk, 2nd Line Helpdesk, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Helpdesk Advisor
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.