Our client is looking to add someone to its technical team, you will be providing support to a broad range of businesses throughout the region.
Your time initially will be providing onsite remote support, but in-turn this role will offer you the opporuntiyt to go out and meet clients onsite and offer a face to face service. You will be responsible for the planning and deployment of customer server upgrades, migrations, workstation replacements, workstation upgrades as well as day to day maintenance and support of customer networks. This will require a good understanding of TCP/IP routing concepts, Windows Server Operating Systems (including Small Business Server), server hardware platforms, Microsoft exchange and knowledge of backup and disaster recovery models.
You will need to be well presented, articulate, personable, confident, professional and well organised. It is essential that you are able to prioritise effectively and integrate into an existing team, working to ensure that new projects are delivered on time and that customer service level agreements are maintained. You will be required to take ownership of projects and tasks to ensure that the desired end result is achieved.
Key skills and requirements:
1. Microsoft Certified Professional or above ideally
2. Apple Certified or Apple & MAC familiarity (Desirable )
3. All Versions of Windows Server (2003 to 2012) including Small Business Server
4. Microsoft Exchange 2013/2010/2007/2003 and Office 365
5. Vmware ESXi & Veeam
6. ADSL / Print Server / Router & Firewall configuration
7. VPN principles & setup
8. Good understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
9. Backup software & disaster recovery
10. Hardware diagnosis & problem solving
11. Sound understanding of server hardware and RAID
12. Any software / programming experience (useful not essential)
13. Any exposure to telecoms, specifically Mitel (Useful , not essential)
14. UK driving license and own car.
The above is a key outline of whay out client is looking for – if you have a strong IT 1st or 2nd line support background we are keen to speak with you.
Our client is based in South Sheffield, offering easy access to all motorway links and surrounding locations.
Please apply through the link where a member of our team will be in-touch
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.