We are working in partnership with a growing IT Support Company, who are now looking to expand their Sales Team with the addition of an IT Account Manager. This role offers fantastic prospects for future personal development for the right candidate.
The primary function of the IT Account Manager’s role will be to handle incoming sales enquiries, establish initial requirements and produce quotes / book appointments on behalf of the CEO / Project Teams. The successful candidate will have a friendly and approachable manner and a genuine interest in all things IT / Technology. Our client prides themselves on delivering outstanding customer service so aren’t looking for a ‘pushy’ sales approach, but rather someone who has a consultative, professional manner and can build relationships naturally.
* Act as the first point of contact for new IT (Hardware and software) sales enquiries, as well as managing your own customer portfolio.
* Respond to incoming quotations / requests and where possible, effectively qualify the requirement in order to produce a quotation and where possible, close the deal.
* Book meetings with new customers, and where possible, you may be required to attend these meetings, alongside a Project Manager / CTO
* Liaise with customers in a professional and friendly manner and ensure that you understand their requirements in order to offer the best solution.
* Prepare, chase and process customer contract documents
* Actively upsell and cross sell services to your customer base, to ensure multi product penetration
* Ensure that all activity is logged and documented on the internal systems
* Build relationships with your existing customers and develop relationships with new customers, as they are onboarded.
* Support the team with any project related duties
* Work closely with the CEO and the wider team, to increase the customer portfolio and the average revenue per customer.
* Ensure that your key customers receive regular calls or updates to ensure that any additional requirements or sales potentials, are maximised and serviced efficiently.
* Take ownership of your role with a professional, self-motivated approach.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Previous experience of working in an IT Support environment is essential for this role, as you will be working with a number of different customers whose IT requirements will vary.
* The ability to work well under pressure and be able to multitask, is essential. No one day is the same!
* Experience of working in a target driven IT Support environment is ideal, if not part of your personal career aspirations.
* Problem solving – the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathering and analysing information skilfully. You will also need to be able to demonstrate experience of offering alternative solutions, as and when required.
* Time Management – Prioritise and plan your work activities efficiently and be able to work in a reactive environment where priorities can and do change constantly, to meet the need of the customer and the business.
* Technical Skills – Exposure to working in an IT support / technical environment is required. You will be given training and support, but an overall understanding of Software / Hardware technologies will be expected.
* Teamwork – the ability to work well within a team environment, but equally be able to work independently and remotely, which is now becoming the new norm.
* You will be a driven individual who is looking to develop a career within the technical space.
Our client is looking for a resilient natured candidate who is happy to work from home as well as in the office setting. Given the current situation with Covid, the team predominantly work from home and due to proven success, may continue doing this for, certainly part time, down the line. The option to work in the office will be available to new starters who require induction and support, but thereafter, you may be required to work from home more frequently.
Our client prides themselves on their customer valued culture and are therefore looking for a like minded individual who is professional and efficient but down to earth and friendly as well.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.