IT Programme Manager
A leading accredited support services provider to the public sector. The company has provided support to over 70,000 adults and children. Services include accommodation, property management, housing support, transportation along with furniture and inventory.
The IT programme manager will be a strategic and operational role and you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction in conjunction with the board of directors and implementing the IT strategy for the business
You will spearhead the growth and development of the existing IT development team and take responsibility for all systems and devices within the group, including software, infrastructure and cyber security. The business has over 200+ users across their office based and field based functions in a Microsoft 365 environment.
You will also take responsibility for business integration services, managing cyber risk within a corporate environment and project management for IT/ systems development.
* Advise the Directors on best practice and keep them up to date with any risks and mitigating actions in regards to system deployment and integration
* Responsible for IT department processes and procedures
* Manage 3rd party suppliers & outsourced development partners
* Manage the delivery of the IT requirements of the business
* Act as the business lead for all IT projects including upgrades, new developments, software changes, and support requirements
* Responsible for all IT and telephony inventory and infrastructure
* Provide IT reporting as required by the MD and Board
* Agree and oversee project plans and monitor, report and audit progress
* Review system change requests and consider the impact of any change on systems and processes across the business and ensure business continuity
* Manage projects to a recognise accredited standard
* You will have a Demonstrable track record with a minimum of 2 years’ experience gained within a service orientated business environment
* Degree calibre individual, with strong analytical and decision making skills
* Show competence and experience as a project manager in a leadership role
* Be able to design and implement processes and procedures
* Accredited project management qualifications PRINCE2
* Experience of managing, developing, leading and hiring an IT technical team
* Understanding of 365 & cyber security
* Experienced in managing the development of software and systems
* Strong communication skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.