About the role
The IT Engineer is responsible for the support of IT operations within a busy 24 x 7 semiconductor wafer fabrication facility.
This role is particularly suited to an individual who enjoys handling multiple pieces of work at any given time, with the technical knowledge and hands on abilities, to undertake support of factory IT infrastructure activities.
What you will do
* Work on and manage the IT infrastructure within a busy semiconductor wafer fab
* Build and issue devices to the factory. This can include Desktop Terminals, Stick PC’s, Tablets
* Maintain device security, which will include working with Equipment Engineers on patching Industrial Endpoints, not directly under the control of IT, as well as testing and releasing patches to IT issued devices
* Working with IT infrastructure colleagues on managing zero-day vulnerability programmes
* Support the installation and maintenance of serial network components, used for tool automation
What you will need
* Strong knowledge and proficiency in providing support for the Windows operating system, especially related to production critical clients (different versions of windows client) in the environment
* Good Knowledge, Skills and Understanding of Microsoft technologies- Windows Server and Clients, Active Directory (GPO, OU, Groups), SCCM and should be capable of narrowing down and fixing issues relevant to the environment, using strong technical skills.
* Good Knowledge of networking concepts, such as VLAN, DNS, DHCP
* Experienced using SCCM Management (Configurations, deployment of security patches, health checks, inventory reports, etc)
* System debugging (event logs, GPResult, perfmon, process dumps)
* Proficiency in creating documentation for end users
* Creating plans by coordinating with multiple teams to meet timelines and deliver service improvements in line with plans
* Experience in Power shell, with the ability to develop and automate processes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven problem-solving skills, attention to detail
Why work for us?
* Competitive compensation and benefits packages
* Flexible working scheme
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Annual / paid leave and pension plan
* Hybrid working policy for select roles: 50/50 office and home working
* Recognition reward schemes
* Flexible talent and leadership programs
* On-site medical centre and staff canteen
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Range of employee discounts (including travel, health insurance, high street and online retailers)
* Sport and social clubs
* Good relocation packages
About the team
Our Power MOSFET business line is one of the top suppliers of high-quality power MOSFETs to the Automotive industry as well as a major player in providing general purpose MOSFETs to the computing, industrial and consumer markets
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.