An exciting, new opportunity has arisen for a for a knowledgeable and highly motivated Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. This role is ideal for a technically astute individual looking to join a business representing some of the most desirable automotive brands.
This is a 3rd line hands on role primarily responsible for the support of Jardine Motors Group network infrastructure, support applications and systems including the support and delivery of software and technology projects. You will be helping the drive of technology innovation across the group.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a dedicated Infrastructure Team and can work on your own initiative within a team environment. Also, a proven track record in support within a ticket-based service desk function.
We are looking for someone who has:
· Strong Background in Windows Server (2008r2, 2016) and Windows Server infrastructure including Group Policy, Active Directory, DFS, DFS-R, DNS, DHCP.
· Experience in patch management of Client OS, Server OS, Applications and hardware, including monthly reporting.
· Server and Desktop Application Support
· MS SQL Server – 2008/2016 – Backup, maintenance and Recovery
· Experience Supporting a Virtualised Environment including detailed knowledge of VMware vSphere 6.5 (knowledge of vSAN and/or Horizon advantageous)
· Experience of managing Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions and methods.
· DNS domain management and expertise
· Solid understanding of network technologies and of the Microsoft Suite of solutions and technologies such as Azure AD, Office 365 and MFA
· Data Backup Applications
· Change, Availability & Capacity Management
· Firewall Management Knowledge / Experience
Desirable Skills / Experience :
· Fortinet Security Product Experience
· Antivirus (Fortinet experience advantageous)
· Scripting and automation e.g. Powershell
· Cloud Based Enterprise Wireless Solution Knowledge (Aerohive)
· Project, document and time management
· 3rd party management and escalation
· Autoline/Kerridge; Fortinet; Storage Systems (SAN/NAS) support and performance analysis and MDM knowledge/experience is also desirable, but not essential
Interested in joining us?
As part of our mission to the best motor retailer as judged by you, we believe in offering a collaborative and innovative environment, removed of bias or stereotypes. We want everyone to feel comfortable to be themselves while at work, knowing they will be fully supported in their personal development to be the best they can. In creating an inclusive culture, we respect and celebrate the uniqueness of our colleagues through our #WeAreJMG diversification and inclusion strategy.
So, if you’re an Infrastructure Engineer who’s looking for an empowering environment where you are recognised for your hard work and commitment, we would love to hear from you!
Here are just some of the extensive benefits you’ll receive with us:
· – 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays)
· – An open environment to discussing flexible working patterns and arranging them wherever possible.
· – Enhanced parental leave options with up to 16 weeks of full pay.
· – Employee care helpline and access to digital GP (for repeat prescription orders and online doctor’s appointments).
· – Online discount portal including money off retail brands and cashback on purchases.
· – 3% contribution pension scheme and 2x annual salary life assurance
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.