At Utilita we believe in enabling people to be the best that they can be. Our determination to succeed is achieved by us working together with a common goal: to service our customers in the best possible way and challenge the status quo.
So how do we do that?
* By using innovative technology. Our award-winning App, My Utilita, is one of the top three of its kind on Google Play, and our continued focus on using new technology is why Utilita is ranked third in the Southern Tech 100. Our regulator, OFGEM, has praised us for the technology we use to interact with our vulnerable customers.
* We have a product to be proud of. Utilita were the first to install a SMART meter back in 2008. We currently have around 800,000 customers and we are going from strength to strength, diversifying our portfolio into other pay as you go offerings.
* Making a difference for our customers. Every month Utilita gives customers the chance to win free energy and cash prizes through our customer Jackpot.
* Making a difference to the community. As others move away from the high street, Utilita have opened a number of Retail Hubs across the country. Helping to integrate into the community by offering free use of community rooms and a local service.
In order to ensure we can do all of that, we provide:
* A continuous development culture, through our leadership programmes, apprenticeships and learning platforms.
* Employee engagement we appreciate our staff and want to know what they think. We were recently awarded “one to watch” by the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, a vote of confidence from our staff that we’re doing lots of things right.
* We have a peer recognition scheme – the Great 8 – because we understand how good it feels to be valued and appreciated.
What part can you play in making a difference?
As the Head of the department you will perform a root and branch review of our security tools, processes, training, and standards (including software development standards) and drive the transformation.
You will work will in-house systems and developers ensuring we gain and remain compliant with industry mandated security standards, such as PCI-DSS, ISO2700 and GDPR.
Working with a range of legacy and next generation applications for development, infrastructure and architectures (including *aas) technologies, you will build a ‘secure by default’ approach and play an active role in the design and implementation of new systems and processes.
What do we need from you?
As an experienced IT Security professional, you will have a hands-on approach for identifying and preventing security threats, including implementing and maintain SIEM platforms.
You will have experience in building and developing a department where you are responsible for all security related duties, within a fast-paced organisation, using a range of legacy and next generation systems and software, including implementing security in a cloud-based architecture
Previous experience working in a security role within the energy sector would be advantageous. Along with experience in a company which operates in both B2C and B2B capability, with both inbound and outbound telecommunication channels.
What can we give back in return?
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
* Utilita Bonus scheme up to 20% of your basic salary
* The opportunity to win tickets to major outdoor events with Utilita Extra – when they are back up and running! Including, gigs and shows at the Utilita Newcastle and Birmingham arenas.
* Discounted employee energy tariffs.
* We are a patron of the Princes Trust and offer all our staff a paid volunteering day every year plus various fun fund raisers.
* A health care scheme that includes dental, eye care, treatments, and diagnostics health consultations.
* Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling support, legal and financial advice 24/7 365 days a year, as well as a GP line and Your Care.
* Access to hundreds of discounts including gym memberships, shops, restaurants, travel, and accommodation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.