Head or IT – Derby – Permanent – Up to £43,000 Salary
We are looking for a Head of IT who is experienced with running the IT department sole.Our client is a small technology company and the IT systems are robust having been developed over a number of years with strong controls in place. As a small company they are looking for someone with experience and ability to manage and deal with a wide range of IT requirements.
The main software products are:
• Microsoft Server editions
• Windows 7 – 10 Operating Systems
• Cisco ASA Firewalls configuration
• Cisco IOS switching and routing configuration
• Exchange on premise/ exchange on line
• SharePoint on premise and Office 365
• Microsoft SQL Server – Queries and Administration
• Amazon (AWS)
• Veeam Backup and Replication
• VMWare vSphere esxi 5.5 – 6.7 and Vsphere Server
The main hardware infrastructure:
• HP enterprise servers
• HP SAN MSA and P Series
• Cisco routers and firewalls
• Knowledge of SIP
• PBX – Avaya VoIP and ISDN knowledge
Support of the staff and their IT and comms requirements.
• New starters and leavers set up
• 1st/2nd /3rd line support
• Software purchasing and software upgrades
• Daily and periodic back-ups
• Cameras, alarms and site linkage issue resolution
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of IT security including the use of mail filters, anti-virus, SIEM and Data loss prevention policies and systems.
Other Key Responsibilities:
• Management and resolution of external suppliers of hardware, software and support contracts for IT and telephony
• IT accreditations sponsor – the individual will be the go-to person for GDPR, ISO:27001, PCI-DSS, Cyber Essentials Plus and various audits of IT required for the running of the Group
• IT policies and procedures – the individual will be responsible for maintaining and enforcing IT policies and procedures and liaising with HR, health and safety and other departments to ensure that Group policies and procedures are documented , distributed , monitored and adhered to.
• Commercial projects – as and when time permits the individual will be involved in the specification and roll out of the IT aspects of the Group’s commercial communication solutions to suppliers
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.