Our client is a dynamic digital agency based in the thriving city of Lichfield, a stone's throw from Lichfield City train station, M6 toll, bus links and A roads. They are currently looking to recruit a Graduate Software Developer to join their growing team.
They work closely with their clients, to build no-nonsense, reliable and standards compliant software solutions. They've been providing IT consultancy and writing software for over 15 years. With their clients coming from both the public and private sectors, from across Europe, and they've helped them to deliver solutions to their customers, improve their internal processes and make efficiency savings.
One of their biggest successes has been their work on authoring tools for the UK Department of Health and Health Education England’s e-Learning for Healthcare. These have been used to create over 8,500 e-learning sessions, delivering thousands of hours of learning for free to over 350,0000 people working in the NHS and wider healthcare community.
Due to COVID 19 this position will be Virtual at first then move on-site in Lichfield
Duties and responsibilities
* The chance to work for an exciting and progressive digital agency.
* Direct and day to day communication with the director of the company, allowing your voice to be heard in the decisions being made.
* Increased autonomy and freedom over your daily work, something that is often not available in a more traditional corporation.
* The opportunity to be involved in, learn and practice the full stack of software development, i.e. the design, code, debug, and test stages.
* The satisfaction of writing software that will be used by thousands of people.
* Learning software best practices from a company with the collective experience of over 20 years in the IT industry.
* Opportunities to research new technologies and recommend these to potential clients.
Skills and experience
* BSc/MSc Graduate Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Design or similar involving Software Development (First or 2:1)
* Demonstrable programming skills.
* Knowledge and experience of relational databases.
* An individual with excellent communication skills, able to work independently and within a team.
* Attention to detail.
* Possesses good problem solving skills.
* A passionate interest in creating software applications.
* A strong desire for personal improvement.
* Examples of work, paid and/or hobby.
* Involvement in open source projects.
* Knowledge of Angular or Vue.
* Experience of the Umbraco CMS (WordPress or similar if not Umbraco)
* Interests in IoT, Machine Learning or AI
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.