Full Stack Developer
Who we are
We are a flood forecasting company that spun out of Loughborough University in 2019 to predict and prevent the impact of flooding globally. This requires continuous innovation through harnessing leading data sources and cutting-edge technology to produce quality forecasts for those at risk of flooding.
Our story began in 2001 when Prof. Yu pioneered a live 2D flood modelling software called FloodMap Live which has become a widely used and cited software by academics and practitioners. This uses live modelling to deliver continuously updated actionable flood forecasts.
With investment and an increasing number of clients, we have rapidly grown to become a global provider of cutting-edge forecasting servicing, delivering to top global insurers, businesses, governments and humanitarian organisations. We are a passionate and highly skilled team. Our backgrounds cover academia, business development, flood modelling, programming, GIS analysis, user experience and product development.
We are recruiting for a Full Stack Developer to join our growing team. The job will require you to manage our existing set of front end applications, as well as maintaining and developing REST APIs with Node.js on AWS. The role will suit someone who is experienced and comfortable with cloud-based technologies.
This role will also play a key role in product development, so the ideal candidate will be a high performer who is comfortable guiding and influencing management in front end and API technologies.
We are a start up, so we will need you to be self-motivated and comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy. We envisage this role playing a key part in our ability to scale and improve our services, with responsibilities in the role likely to grow as we expand the team.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
Roles will include:
– Proactive management of the existing suite of front-end applications
– Maintaining and developing REST APIs with Node.js
– Evaluating new product requirements and specifying solutions from a front end perspective
– Assist in defining development approach and standards
– Defining testing approaches and standards for front end development
– Working with a serverless framework on AWS
– Mentoring of Junior Developers
You will have significant and demonstrable full stack web development experience in a commercial environment. The successful candidate will have experience in the following technical skills:
– Developing with Node.js
– Working with modern frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue
– Strong understanding of Cloud providers, preferably AWS
– REST API development
– Knowledge of Serverless framework
– Working with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS and API Gateway
– Modern UI frameworks with React such as Material UI / Ant Design
– Experience of developing interactive maps preferably with Leaflet and React Leaflet (desirable)
The role will also play a key part in facilitating new product development, so the ideal candidate will be able to:
– Apply potential front-end solutions to meet business requirements
– Communicate technical solutions clearly to management and Project Managers
– Articulate technical challenges and issues to non-technical team members
– Create specification documents and produce technical documentation
– Assist in identifying and justifying priorities for development
Pay and working arrangements
Salary will be £45,000 – £50,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus an equity stake in the company.
The position is based in our Loughborough office (Holywell Enterprise Park) although we will consider flexible working arrangements and we have an office in London (Old Street). The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Equality and diversity
Previsico is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
Please select the apply button shown to submit your CV and cover letter.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.