Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £68,382 per annum + exclusive benefits
Closes: 10th October 2021
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
Our Digital & Data team is expanding to meet the needs of our growing organisation. We're making a significant investment in our people and systems to strengthen our digital foundation, drive business optimization and enhance customer experience.
The Enterprise Architect is a key part of this growth and is a highly technical senior leadership role working across the organisation at a strategic level to translate the business requirements into joined up efficient technical solutions that deliver enhanced ways of working and gain technical advantage. Engaging at a strategic level to envisage, document and deliver a sustainable Enterprise Architecture, the role will influence policy and set direction for technical and business change.
The role plays a key part in ensuring that the WMCA continually develops and maintains a strong architecture capability through coaching, mentoring and training; bringing together and developing Enterprise Architecture capability, leading translation of enterprise capability models into end to end customer-facing business process models and optimising them to support our digital transformation initiatives. The role provides an active internal consultancy in Business Architecture, driving adoption of WMCA's Enterprise Architecture vision, strategies and directions, whilst promoting and evangelising them with senior stakeholders.
* Work with the Strategic Head of Digital and Data to create and maintain an Enterprise Architecture strategy, setting standards and ways of working through scalable and workable joined up solutions, ensuring that all technology decisions are aligned
* Understand the organisation's ecosystems and its inter-dependencies in order to establish the architectural principles, policies and standards adopted across the organisation
* Create EA roadmaps, from a business and technology perspective, including 'as-is', 'to-be' and transitional states, and work closely with Business Analysts to ensure optimal design and interoperability
* Take a strategic view across all architectural domains, portfolios, programmes and projects to develop the architecture community; promoting reuse, sustainability and scalability to achieve value for money
* Maintain knowledge of the latest EA skills, tools and ways of working, identifying emerging trends and their opportunities and potential impact on WMCA
This is a true Enterprise Architect role and an opportunity for someone to influence and shape how we deliver technology at a pivotal point in our growth. We're looking for someone who is strategic, pragmatic, proactive, persuasive and innovative. Someone who can see and articulate the big picture, spot issues and find creative solutions, influence change and work with diverse, demanding groups to get things done.
Passionate about business architecture, you will be well versed in business process management, process mapping, modelling and optimisation methodologies, tools and techniques and have sound understanding and applicable experience in architecture principles and be able to lead from the front to engender and embed change. Our ideal applicant will have:
* TOGAF or similar Business Architecture certification, or proven experience working at this level
* Related business or technical qualifications that support or underpin Enterprise Architecture work
* Focused approach to strategic alignment of business process design and integration to meet business growth
* Experience of providing internal consultancy on potential uses and appropriateness of emerging technologies and driving benefits from these technologies
* Understanding of largescale application development, with a specialism in process design aligned to product and CX designs
* Experience in using EA and Process Mapping tools
About the team
The Digital and Data Team has recently been revamped and we are creating a high performing team that can provide excellent support to the complex multi-functions of the WMCA. Our key aim is to deliver a robust, high-quality customer-focused Digital and Data function to our stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to join us at a time when we're modernising our ways of working and delivering significant advancements in our digital services – and your expertise will help develop and shape our future vision and implement cutting edge technologies.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we've shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that's our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a "Leaders in Diversity" accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
If your values align with ours and you're committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.