Data Scientist – Edinburgh
£45,000 – £60,000 + Comprehensive Benefits
MBN are partnering with a global leader in the development and delivery of software products to the Oil & Gas sector. The organization have an impressive array of international clients who they provide with state of the art engineering software products fueled by machine learning & AI.
The business are looking to expand their data science team by appointing a Data Scientist with a keen interest in developing and deploying machine learning algorithms within an engineering & physical context. These models help optimise the management of oil & gas fields using real time data and predict failure across multiple engineering products contributing to positive environmental impacts.
Key skills & experience required:
* Commercial experience creating and developing machine learning algorithms (use cases across Supervised & Unsupervised methods as well as Classification/Clustering techniques)
* Strong programming skills across Python, R or C++ as well as an understanding of opensource frameworks
* The ability to manipulate large and deep data sets using SQL and create interactive dashboards using Tableau (or equivalent BI tool) highly advantageous
* Effective communicator, able to work alongside engineering teams as well as other stakeholders and explain the benefits of the models from a business and technical concept.
* MSc or PhD qualified preferentially across Computer Science, Engineering Physics or Mathematics
Machine learning * Data Science * Python * Engineering * Deep Learning * Artificial Intelligence
For more information, please press apply
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.