Our Data Engineer will be responsible for developing accurate, efficient data transformations which meet customer needs to agreed timescales. You'll ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the projects you design and build, and will have substantial autonomy while working within agreed standards.
What will I be doing?
You'll ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the projects you design and build, and will have substantial autonomy while working within agreed standards.
There is a group-wide data transformation programme ongoing which includes cloud technologies, however to deliver immediate value we will be utilising existing architecture to start building the data warehouse.
The main technologies in use are MS SQL Server for warehousing, SSIS for ETL and Oracle as a source DB.
What skills will I need to be sucessful?
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience ingesting, transforming and supporting data within MS SQL server environments with elements of both DBA and development work.
* SQL Server 2017/19 and writing T-SQL Proven experience using T-SQL for the production of datasets and database manipulation, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, views etc. Strong DML and DDL
* Experience using SSIS (Visual Studio) for ETL, including package deployment, orchestration etc.
* Comfortable working with a range of sources and connectors (OLEDB, ODBC, XML and Flatfiles, API Integration)
* Good understanding of dimensional models and Data Warehousing (Kimball)
* Relational database design principles, including Performance Tuning and Indexing
* Experience in effectively coaching novice developers
* Good data analysis skills (including data profiling)
* Batch(Windows), Powershell and VB scripting
* Excellent written and oral communication skillsDesirable Skills
* Powerquery/M Script
* Understanding of Data Lakes (especially AWS S3)
* Experience of communicating with stakeholders with a non-technical background.
* Familiar with Jira, BitBucket and Confluence
Desired skills but niot essential;
* Data Modelling (Erwin)
* MS Access
* Design and build of SSAS (Cube) Solutions
* Cloud Experience – AWS, Redshift, Athena & Glue
* Informatica IICS
* Data Visualisation: PowerBI / Tableau
* Snowflake DWH Tool
* Generous bonus scheme related to both personal and team performance
* Up to 15% pension contributions – based on employee contribution of 5%
* Life assurance policy
* 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Discounted shopping vouchers & reward platform
How do you apply?
Follow the link below and apply using your CV or our easy online application
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.