Are you an experienced Data Engineer ?
Do you have a passion for Data and experienced with the Microsoft stack ?
Does SQL, Microsoft Fabric and Azure interest you ?
If so I have a fantastic new role with my client, with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow and its hybrid working.
You will be part of a team that works in an Agile environment, contributing to the companies wider data strategy.
* Modernising existing key business solutions by reverse engineering and rearchitecting for Azure.
* Be involved in designing and implementing systems to effectively handle large volumes of data and integrate cleanly with other systems.
* Be a member of the company’s data engineering expert group, keeping abreast of the latest developments in Azure data tooling, promoting best practice and guidance to the wider business.
Desired skills include:
* Ideally have experience with Azure or have a strong background in Microsoft SQL
* Comfortable dealing with large volumes of data, generally time series and numeric data
* Experience of or willing to learn the following technologies:
* Microsoft Fabric or its related technologies:
* Azure Databricks
* Azure Synapse Analytics
* Azure DW
* Azure SQL DB
* Azure Data Factory
* Azure Data Lake
* Experience of taking different business applications and use cases and supporting their needs (query patterns etc) within appropriate data solutions, whilst maintaining data integrity and provenance.
* Experience building robust, production ready, scalable data pipelines
* Familiarity with optimising strategies, pipeline architectures, data sets and ETL/ELT processes
For more information get in touch asap