Data Engineer – Scale-up Consultancy – Hybrid – London + 20% bonus
I’m working with a successful Start-up specialist Marketing Data and Tech consultancy who work with some of the largest companies in the UK. They create high-end platforms, particularly around the Retail and Health industries.
They are looking to expand their Cloud Data capabilities as they grow and they are keen for an enthusiastic Data Engineer to come in who wants to help build pipelines and expand the capabilities.
As a consultancy, they work with a multi-cloud approach and work with GCP, AWS and Azure, and they need someone who is keen to work with all three and they offer the opportunity to learn on the job.
The role will incorporate the following tasks:
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL and ELT of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud ‘big data’ technologies
* Develop, automate, extend and monitor data pipelines through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Work with internal/external stakeholders, including Analytics and BI reporting teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and delivery
* Translation of functional requirements into technical requirements
The candidate should have some of the following:
* Good proficiency in big data technologies and cloud services, good working knowledge of one or more of GCP, AWS or Azure
* Strong development experience in Python
* Excellent SQL skills
* Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
* Experience deploying software to the cloud
* Experience undertaking data investigations for Big Data projects
* Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
* Understanding of network services (HTTP/S, TCP/UDP, DNS, Subnets) (beneficial)
* Knowledge/experience of Scala/Hive/Spark (beneficial)
* Familiarity with cloud-based data-warehouses such as Snowflake (beneficial)
* Familiarity with large customer and behavioural datasets (beneficial)
Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required, the role will involve stakeholder engagement. This role is open to remote with 1 day a month in the office, however, they have really nice offices in London and they are happy for you to go in whenever you like.
The role offers 20% bonus, pension, private healthcare, 25 days holiday, 40hrs a week & flexible hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.