Position: Cyber Security Analyst
Job ID: 1237/43
Location: Gravesend, Kent
Rate/Salary: £60,000 + 5% Overtime Allowance and Great Benefits
Type: Permanent / Full Time
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position of: Cyber Security Analyst
Typically, as an important member of the IT management team, this role will lead on developing, implementing, and auditing governance inside and outside of the department to achieve compliance with standards. Additionally, the role will have the engineering expertise to support cyber-related project work and to ensure all IT projects meet the required cyber-related standards.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business entity.
Duties and responsibilities of the Cyber Security Analyst:
* You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of cyber-attack analysis, able to correlate multiple event sources to provide a complete analysis of an intrusion, and to effectively threat hunt (eg MITRE, Kill Chain)
* Demonstrable experience with best practice Incident Response principles for example NCSC/NIST
* Threat Intelligence reporting and modelling and knowledge of accepted cyber security principles, industry best practice and information risk concepts
* Managing SIEM & EDR Tools and having in depth knowledge and thorough understanding of server infrastructure, networking infrastructure and cyber security infrastructure
* Being the go to expert within the team for all team members
* Critical thinking to challenge appropriately and contribute to continual improvements
Qualifications and requirement for the Cyber Security Analyst:
* Degree in IT, Computer Science, Cyber Security or related Discipline.
* Able to demonstrate project management experience or qualification.
* 2+ years hands on experience in a comparable role.
* Formal Industry recognised Cyber Security qualification – ISC2 CISSP, ISC2 CISM or certified ethical hacker.
* Full UK Driving License.
* Achieve and maintain Security Clearance as Required
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role