Do you have extensive Commercial experience in the Aerospace and Defence Sector and looking for a new opportunity to take on a senior role within a team?
Do you want to work for an integrated and dynamic industrial entity, focused on Aerospace, Defence and Security, at the forefront of technology and launched towards the industry of the future?
Leonardo may have your next exciting opportunity to be part of our Commercial team within our Electronic Warfare Line of Business, which is a major growth area with ambitious targets over the short to medium term. You will joining a friendly and effective team that has an exceptional record of development and advancement to date.
Leonardo are looking for an ambitious Commercial Manager to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment for the Surveillance and Protection Technologies (S&PT) r sector within its Electronic Warfare (EW) division. Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial S&PT, the role interfaces with a variety of customers both domestic and International and works to support integrated project teams (IPTs). This role with have responsibility for the maintenance of current contracts and development of commercial bids/proposals, providing strategic and commercially sound guidance on some of the most visible and challenging contracts and opportunities within the business.
The successful candidate will have a successful record of accomplishment in a business winning and contract/programme management capacity in the Aerospace and Defence Sector and have experience working within a fast-paced and challenging environment.
The successful candidate ideally would have commercial and/or programme experience in the Defence Sector, demonstrate the ability to work as part of a successful team and have experience working with UK Government and international Contracts.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their next step up in Commercial experience leading a variety of bids and contracts for key programmes, products and customers.
What you'll do as a Commercial Manager
• Provide strategic and tactical oversight to a number of key contracts and bid activities within the S&PT sector, including all major opportunities within the Integrated Defensive Aids System IPT.
• Act as deputy/ delegate to the Head of Commercial for S&PT for management activities as required.
• Provide guidance and support to more junior members of the team.
• Drafting, negotiating and administration of complex terms and conditions of contract, and be responsible for flow down orders to European Partners
• Produce, document and brief [obtaining any necessary approvals] clear and informed commercial strategies to leverage the best possible outcomes for Leonardo UK.
• Take the lead in producing clear and concise correspondence, obtaining stakeholder input as and when required.
• Drafting and reviewing agreements such Terms and conditions, , Memorandums of Understanding, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Collaboration agreements
• Providing commercial leadership and administration to projects and/or contracts, including change control management, monitoring performance of its contractual obligations and management of commercial risk.
• Producing accurate and compliant customer pricing by applying the appropriate pricing strategy and model to cost estimates.
• Advocate for and represent the Commercial function and Leonardo as the lead at customer /supplier meetings.
• Preparing proposals for submission to Customers in conjunction with the preparation of internal documentation required to obtain bid approval.
• Ensuring that commercial and business processes and procedures are adhered to and that associated internal approvals are in place in line with delegated authorities.
• Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, customers and Partners to deliver the value to the company.
• Work in support of the Integrated Project Team to support the winning of new business and the management and delivery of current contracts.
• Managing own workload, highlighting areas of conflict or priority and effectively managing stakeholder and customer expectations.
Explain what a successful candidate looks like
Position challenges in skills
Highlight soft-skills to ensure culture fit
It would be nice if you had:
• Degree, professional qualification (such as IACCM/WCC) and/or defence contracting experience
• Detailed understanding of Leonardo markets, products, customers and suppliers
• A good understanding of Qualifying Defence Contract /Qualifying Sub Contract under the Defence Reform Act
• Ability to promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
• A familiarity with SAP and its functionality
Willing to travel in the UK to customers sites with possible overseas travel
We need you to be;
• able to advocate at senior levels of an organisation
• comfortable preparing and providing senior level briefs
• readily able to identify and carry out complex commercial strategies, managing stakeholder and customer relationships to obtain unsuccessful outcomes.
• flexible mindset and adaptable approach.
• Capable of deputising for management tasks and in business operational situations.
• extremely skilled at managing a variety of tasks across a portfolio, adeptly prioritising and communicating effectively with key stakeholders and customers.
• proactive, tenacious, results driven
We need you to have
• a detailed understanding of business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
• a good understanding of export legislation, import taxes and duties
• a high level of understanding of contract law and its application.
• Identifies and understand commercial risks and how to implement mitigation strategies
• the ability to build effective and strong relationships with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers
• Microsoft Office knowledge and application of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation skills.
• a desire to learn and improve self (including using the Corporate World Commerce & Contracting membership for self-development).
• Will travel in the UK to customers sites with possible overseas travel
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://(url removed)/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people's full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
GB – Luton – Cap. Green 300