Commercial Lead – AWS and Google MoU Management
The Digital Future category is split in to two areas – 1) Mature Markets and 2) Emerging Markets.
Mature Markets are defined as:
* Application Development & Management
* Cloud and Hosting Services
* Digital Inclusion
Emerging Markets defined as:
* Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
* Customer Capability Enhancement
The Client are looking to recruit an AWS and Google MoU Commercial Lead. As a senior role, you will have full accountability for managing and developing strategic memorandums of understanding ('MoU's') with hyperscale cloud providers. You will require a level of flair and innovation to support suppliers and customers in all procurements resulting in compliant, 'best value' buying, ultimately producing continuous savings, benefitting the Public Sector, citizen and taxpayer.
The role will challenge your leadership skills and require you to bring consistency, direction and performance across your team, with detailed focus on stakeholder engagement, market analysis, driving market strategies and category growth.
As this is a senior opportunity the role would benefit any individuals who have proven ability in Strategy Development, Operational Delivery or Customer Engagement.
Accountability and leadership for the development of a number of key Memorandums of Understanding (MoU's) in place with hyperscale cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google. You will need an understanding of the hyperscale cloud market, developing team knowledge, supporting customer development and inform the future One Government Cloud Strategy (OGCS).
Lead discussions with:
* Government Departments and wider public sector organisations to embed the OCGS strategy and support customers with their cloud hosting requirements
* AWS stakeholders for the operational management of the AWS MoU.
Support the Representative for AWS and CCS Commercial Director for Technology, in relation to the strategic management of the AWS MoU.
Support discussions with the OCGS senior leadership team, to report back on adoption of the OCGS and to provide feedback to support the continued review, development and iteration of the OCGS strategy.
Support the Digital Future team in the development of the Cloud & Hosting category strategy, drawing on first hand experience through interactions with hyperscale cloud providers.
Accountability to drive consistency and collaboration across the team to deliver outstanding operational output, quality supplier and customer management as well as solid commercial agreement delivery.
Accountability for financial forecasting across the Cloud MoU landscape within Digital Future and Technology Business Plan.
Accountability for all recruitment and resourcing processes within the, ensuring full capacity is maintained across all roles and vacancies.
Key Criteria: –
* Evidence of leading a team in a vertical, virtual, matrix or multi-faceted environment with evidence of outstanding performance and results.
* Detailed and proven experience in at least one of the following environments: Commercial, Procurement, Strategy, IT or Technology
* Evidence of developing and managing effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels in a complex and strategic commercial environment, through effective communication, gravitas and personal impact; Strong customer and supplier relationships management skills.
* Experience of developing commercial strategies, with solid operational delivery plans, demonstrating significant commercial results such as: savings or indirect benefits
* Knowledge of the technology market and application of the various commercial models and approaches that exist.
* Experience of budget, forecast or financial ownership
* AWS contractuals (or maybe other large cloud) CLOUD/Hyperscaler – Category led
* Experience of contract mgt
* Category mgt
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.