Cloud-Native Architect– Permanent
Salary: £70,000-£100,000 per annum – Bonus – Benefits – Healthcare options
Location: Any UK Base Location, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Woking, Liverpool, Sheffield, Rotherham (Travel UK wide) – Flexible working involved
My client is looking for a visionary Cloud Native Architect / Principal Engineer to join their fast-growing Public Sector team. You will be responsible for defining and enabling the organisational strategy and approach to Cloud Native, focusing on culture, process, practices, and tools to increase the organisation’s ability and capability to deliver applications and services at high velocity and in a sustainable manner
The role will be focused on developing opportunities, supporting the sales & solutioning process and aiding the conversion of digital opportunities with both new and existing customers; as well as working with the delivery organisation to mobilise resources and advise on the delivery of the win. This will include providing thought leadership to our customers and within our organisation, as well as raising their profile within the digital and open source community
* An ability to define a clear Vision and Strategy and to promote and advocate it’s adoption across a diverse range of stakeholders,
* A proven track-record in leading implementation of Cloud Native strategies and transformation at scale
* An ability to lead from the front, inspiring and motivating others towards a common goal,
* Strong expertise in cloud native and virtualisation platforms (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, Terraform, etc.), and application hosting technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, etc.).
* Solid understanding of the practical application of DevOps/SRE philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code, and leading infrastructure and operations teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
* Experience working with CTO/CIO/COO to create technical strategies
* Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
* Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* An active interest / background in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
* Experience in SDLP (software delivery lifecycle process) optimisation and Business Process modelling; Test automation and Service Virtualisation and Infrastructure and Application monitoring.
* A strong IT background with a history of software development (Java, Python, Ruby) through to delivery of on-prem/off-prem/hybrid architectures utilising modern technologies and approaches: API's Micro-services, Containers, PaaS, SaaS.
* Enjoy learning new technologies and be willing to cross skill as necessary in this rapidly, fast moving IT world as well as highly developed evaluation skills, the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and strong presentation skills
To apply please click the “Apply” button and follow the instructions.
For a further discussion, please contact Jordan Ford on (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.