We have revolutionised the way airports, airlines, and travel operators move passengers and baggage to their destinations. We offer unparalleled expertise in shared systems and networking—integrating the entire airport enterprise for check-in and boarding, baggage handling, passenger self-service check-in, and other important functions. As the benchmark for common-use passenger technologies, we help airports reduce costs, improve service, and strengthen security.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with an in depth knowledge of building, maintaining and migrating existing storage systems to Cloud to join our team on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for designing, building and deploying robust environments for large, geographically dispersed, state of the art systems that leverage AWS cloud infrastructure by leveraging your knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
Further Responsibilities Include:
* Build, maintain, and migrate an existing Rackspace to AWS cloud.
* Providing support to multiple connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes.
* Supporting solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing support.
* Engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, and private cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address CIS security compliance.
* Support a cloud infrastructure for our team that leverages software engineering and DevSecOps principles to build a foundation of innovative client cloud-first platforms and services.
* Assist the team as a cloud infrastructure engineer supporting our Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
* Design methods and modelling for AWS applications along with compute, network and storage development, support and creation of CloudFormation and Terraform scripts to automate deployment
* Architectural level design, implementation, administration, and optimization of various enterprise technologies including but not limited to Active Directory/GPO, SQL, IIS, and AWS Cloud services solutions
Skills and Experience Required:
* Good Visio skills or equivalent tools like Lucidchart
* Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2016/2019 operating systems and associated technologies, AD, DHCP, and DNS etc.
* Good knowledge of IIS deployment and administration
* Good knowledge of MS SQL 2016/2019 Server deployment and administration
* Good knowledge of T-SQL
* Good knowledge of SQL Server Profiler
* Good written and interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge in AWS services such as EC2, API Gateway, Lamda, AWS WAF, Route 53, RDS, etc.
* Good knowledge in AWS VPC peering, security groups, availability zone CIDR segmenting.
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
* AWS Certified Cloud practitioner
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect
* Good knowledge of Software Development lifecycle
* Knowledge of software deployments
* Knowledge of Redgate toolset
* Experience producing process documentation and test plans
* Bachelor’s degree in computer or engineering field or equivalent experience
* 7+ years’ experience in a similar role with cloud experience
* Must have strong communication skills to relay technical information to customers and team members.
* Practical exposure with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools.
* Experience implementing automation using Configuration Management and Deployment tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform.
* Experience with AWS Cloud and other virtualization technologies is a plus
We believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success by providing development opportunities through training, networking and mentoring.
We also provide a comprehensive benefits package which includes private health care, private matched pension contributions, Life Assurance, Dental insurance, 25 days holiday (Increases with years of service, Employee assistance programme, Employee scholar program
Please press apply now to submit your application. Alternatively, if you would like further information on this position or other positions win a similar sector, please feel free to contact our Shaunna Doherty on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation regarding the role.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.