Business Analyst – Commercial Insurance – City, London
Our client, a leading insurer in the City is looking for a Business Analyst who will act as a bridge between IT, Business Change and the Business to understand the business' requirements and to design a solution which meets these requirements.
From a business point of view, this could include life insurance, non-life insurance and shared services (eg HR, finance).
From an IT development point of view this could include all of any of internal IT development as well as external managed services.
Applicants must have previous experience working in the Insurance Market as ESSENTIAL, to include working within the Commercial Insurance industry. You must also have had experience working on complex application systems and integration projects.
* Take projects through the complete project development life cycles, handling multiple user requests, resolving conflicting priorities and managing risks and issues.
* Analyse the feasibility of project & change requests identifying and assessing the various options against cost, timescales, benefits and quality criteria
* Produce functional design specifications. Liaise with the Systems Architect and Technical Support to ensure solutions are aligned with the IT strategy
* Develop test strategies and test plans to ensure solutions meet the needs of the business and is aligned with defined requirements
* Develops test scripts to validate the integrity of system functions & conditions. Executes test scripts and document results.
* Support business stakeholders in constructing Business/User acceptance test plans
* Develop implementation/release plans ensuring back-out and QA steps are clearly defined
* Manage the handover of delivered systems to IT operations and other IT support staff
* Business Analysis in the Insurance sector to include commercial insurance is ESSENTIAL
* Experience of major corporate insurance business
* Previous experience working with complex application systems and integration projects
* Good exposure to and knowledge of the full IT project life cycle: project initiation through to implementation.
* SQL, including ability to construct 'select' type queries
Due to current restrictions the company is largely working from home. There is currently no requirement for any colleague to attend the office, this is on a purely voluntary basis
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.