Come and join the Littlefish team!
Littlefish is a world-class, award-winning Managed IT and Cyber Security Services Company, delivered from our 24/7 UK service centres.
Through a focused growth plan, we have become an established and credible alternative to the ‘usual suspect’ large Multi £Billion Managed Service Providers and IT Outsourcers in the mid-market and enterprise.
Our purpose is to disrupt the conventional Managed IT Services models – where the usual suspects typically fail to perform – by delivering service solutions that are tailored to the precise needs of your organisation and which are communicated in clear and straightforward language.
About the opportunity-
As our growth continues, we are looking to implement a brand-new role in our Operations team to strengthen our service delivery and continue to provide exceptional support to our customers.
As the Automation Architect you will, be a subject matter expert in IT Automation technologies and techniques providing strategic guidance across all operational teams. Where required, you will deliver and implement roadmap projects through “hands on” deployment and configuration of automation technologies including, where necessary, scripting. You will also provide third line support to existing teams on the rectification of any incidents impacting automated processes and assisting with proactive maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities
* Keep appraised of automation technologies (Commercial software, SaaS platforms, open source etc) and techniques in the market to provide guidance on appropriate technologies for Littlefish to adopt and/or maintain
* Maintain a roadmap of automation technologies and techniques for budgeting and planning purposes
* Participate in market reviews, vendor engagement, selection, negotiation, and onboarding
* Create and maintain architectural standards, policies and designs for automation platforms or tools
* Implement and configure new or existing platforms to enable operational workload to be automated, where necessary through scripting
* Oversee testing to a defined lifecycle before exercising move to production decisions
What we are looking for from you
* Prior experience of selecting, deploying, and implementing automation technologies to improve service quality, cycle times and reduce operational workload. Must be able to evidence having delivered tangible business benefits
* Automation and robotics experience
* Artificial intelligence and machine learning
* Programming and coding experience
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Able to manage the demands of several tasks and understand the needs of the business to be able to prioritise effectively.
What will make your application stand out?
* Professional qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert
* Knowledge of PHP, HTML, C#, VB.NET and Python programming languages
* Excellent knowledge on RPA toolsets (Blueprism/Thoughtonomy)
Life at Littlefish-
When our employees and visitors experience our offices, they often comment on the “vibe” and “feel good factor” that they experience.
The Littlefish vibe is the result of our #peoplematter approach to employment and employees and is testament to the organisational culture we promote. Our approach is simple, we put our people first, every time and without hesitation. We have worked hard to create our culture and work harder to maintain and enhance it, to ensure Littlefish is the place to be for your career journey!
Through employing the best people, and creating optimal working conditions, our customers get the best service. In a crowded market, often playing against much bigger competitors (think David and Goliath), we constantly need to stand out to continue growing. We have a very successful track record, working with a plethora of leading organisations.
So, if you feel like you can make a tangible difference, apply today, and join us on the journey.
* We put our people first – every time and without hesitation
* Attractive salary & benefits packages – we offer competitive salary packages to attract the best people
* Training and development – the Littlefish Academy rewards you as you progress & learn
* Bonus schemes – ‘Starfish’ and Values Recognition Awards to those who go ‘above & beyond’ and exceed customer targets
* Friendly culture – casual dress policy and breakout facilities with table tennis and gaming
* Complimentary food & drink – unlimited fruit & refreshments, Pizza Fridays, company social events and more
Here at Littlefish we’re committed to promoting and monitoring Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
By collating EDI data we can monitor both our workforce composition and recruitment and selection processes, which in turn gives us facts and figures around equal opportunities, our diversity demographic and how inclusive we are at every stage in the process. Littlefish has grown rapidly over the last few years and as we evolve it is important to us to be able to understand and respond to our current and future workforce. Our aim is to be able to categorically demonstrate our positive reach in line with the Equality Act. The data we capture as part of the selection process will only be used for the purpose in which it is intended for (anonymous data reporting), will be stored centrally in our HR Department, disregarded in a timely manner and will not be used to form part of any decision making.
Please complete the questions as part of your application (please note, each option has a ‘prefer not to say’)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.