Although this role has been advertised as Content+Cloud, please note that you would be employed by Sipcom, one of the group’s companies’
SIPCOM are actively seeking an Applications Engineer to join our growing Engineering Department.
The Engineering Department is responsible for the design, installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance and availability of various hosted UC and voice solutions with associated infrastructure.
The Applications Engineer will be directly responsible for supporting the entire lifecycle of a customers using our voice solutions, from the implementation of new solutions for customers to ongoing support and maintenance.
The successful candidate will be required to join customer facing meetings and act as an SME / consultant for new voice implementations and complex changes.
Typical workload: 80% Project Delivery / 20% Support
* Configure, manage, and maintain voice solutions using Skype for Business / Microsoft Teams / Zoom / Webex.
* Carry out user migrations and configure interoperability with customer IP PBX, ATA’s and associated devices.
* Configuration, maintenance, and support of Session Border Controllers.
* Capture customer technical requirements and work with architects and project managers to build appropriate solutions.
* Ensure successful handover of technical solutions from project/deployment phase to BAU support teams.
* Provide escalated 3rd/4th line support.
* Attend customer discovery/qualification calls to support the development of implementation or change plans. Consult with the customer on best practise and provide SME level guidance and support.
* Responsible for overall plan and execution for post sales customer implementation / migration of Skype for Business and other Unified Communications Voice and Video platforms.
* Collaborate with Junior engineers to develop their skills and ensure flawless project execution.
Skills & Qualifications
* Experience of technical migrations from legacy/alternative voice products to Skype / Teams / Zoom / Webex.
* Knowledge of SIP and experienced with troubleshooting SIP.
* Experience of implementing and supporting Skype for Business Server (with Enterprise Voice), Online and Hybrid; Teams with Direct Routing.
* Building, configuring and managing Session Border Controllers. Oracle/AcmePacket & Cisco CUBE experience preferred.
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and resources towards a common set of objectives
* Experienced consulting skills to complement technical acumen
* Bulk provisioning of end-user devices such as Polycom, Yealink etc.
* Systems Administration skills in Windows Server, Clustering, Active Directory, Hyper-VMware, SQL Server.
* Scripting and automation skills; ability to identify areas for automation and develop solutions.
* Knowledge of current IT challenges/initiatives (E.G. Cloud, Virtualization, SDN, Mobility, BYOD, UC)
* Professional vendor level certifications
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.