2nd line Support Engineer – Global Healthcare company – to £32,000 – Office based and remote working
My client who are a Global Medical Systems company are looking to recruit a 2nd Line Support Engineer for their head office based in Manchester (M44) . This is a new role, due to the growth of the team and the company.
Working as part of the Helpdesk team you are responsible for successfully delivering operational and technical support to their Customers. You will get training and receive In-depth technical knowledge and with your experience and a proactive drive you will provide their Customers with the best possible service. The successful candidate will have a passion for Customer service and quality, determined to deliver second-to-none technical support to Customers.
The main responsibilities in this role will involve using your technical experience, training and skills to resolve any incidents, requests or problems for their Customers. This role will best suit somebody with a proactive mindset and who emphasises a preventative and proactive approach, rather than being satisfied with fixing issues by restarts or other short-term workarounds.
The successful candidate will have excellent self-direction and time-management, able to deal with competing demands in a calm, rational and orderly way. You will also be keen to learn new technologies, and to work in different environments, this includes Customer site visits where appropriate. As a team they work towards acknowledged service delivery standards, in particular ITIL, so you will be part of a team that continually reflects on improving performance and Customer satisfaction.
* Act as a first point of escalation for 1st Level colleagues whether providing advice and guidance or through formal escalation of incidents.
* Provide secondary triage, answering incoming telephone calls from Customers and logging these cases in their CRM system.
* You are responsible for your own incident cases, ensuring that contact with the customer is maintained and our service levels are met.
* Identify skills/training gaps at 1st Line team from the cases that get escalated and then work to provide new knowledgebase material where necessary.
* Customer escalations and major incidents are handled effectively. Ensuring regular communication to parties involved as well as knowing when to hand over to a higher level, be it technical or management.
* You ensure that contact with the Customer is maintained by regularly providing feedback and that service levels are met.
* Knowing and using the various tools that are used on the Helpdesk effectively and efficiently. This includes their CRM, telephone system, mailboxes, internal company systems and knowledge bases.
* You will undertake remote troubleshooting of company retailed equipment, Windows Server and other devices and infrastructure.
* You will support our Field Service Technicians by performing remote diagnostic and troubleshooting prior to escalating an issue to this team.
* You are in frequent contact with our Field Service Technicians as you will be allocating incident cases to the appropriate engineer and supporting them as required.
* You will be involved in analysis of department performance and other continuous service improvement activities.
* You will be required to participate in an on-call rota, comprising of out of hours telephone triage on weekday nights and public holidays
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* At least 2 plus years experience in Customer services, providing software and troubleshooting support.
* Excellent Customer services skills.
* Verbal and written communications must be professional, clear, accurate and in a language our Customers can easily understand.
* Ability to team with co-workers and engineering to rapidly resolve Customer issues through joint problem solving.
* Willingness to learn and progress is essential.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Good general computer skills, particularly in Excel, Windows and Windows Server.
* Working knowledge of computer hardware and networks is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global brand leading the way in the medical industry where you will have the chance to work with technologies that are changing the healthcare of hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. This company make products that truly make a difference to people around the globe.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary package, generous pension, 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, excellent annual bonus scheme and the opportunities for genuine career progression.
Please get in touch to find out more?
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.