2nd Line Support Engineer
Focus Group Recruitment have the pleasure with working alongside market leading IT Managed Service Provider. My client are the UK leaders within the MSP sector.
Due to planned growth and business requirements, we are now seeking a strong 2nd line Support Engineer to join the dynamic service desk teams. The business has grown from strength to strength in the 20 plus years it has been running and has experienced strong growth and stability.
**Must have a strong MSP background to be considered for this position**
Duties required for this role include:
* Able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
* Methodical approach suitable to resolution of client requirements
* Able to manage changing workload and priorities
* Able to work both within a team and using own initiative
* Configure, troubleshoot issues using all MS windows server platforms
* PC/Server Hardware – diagnose and upgrade, both hardware and firmware on PC’s
* AD – configure new users, new OU’s, configure sites and services, resolve issues
* DNS – running through the Active Directory-based DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for Domain Controllers, Services and devices. Troubleshooting name resolution issues on endpoints using standard tools
* IP networks, TCP/IP, DHCP etc, routers, switches, broadband, firewalls
* Understanding of Backup technologies, understanding of Cloud Repositories are advantageous
* Ability to troubleshoot failed backups and copy jobs
* Group Policies – Understanding and Basic troubleshoot issues.
The ideal candidate will have 2 / 3 Commercial years of experience as an 2nd Line IT Support Engineer with strong MS Technology background. This is a great opportunity for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join a dynamic and forward-thinking team.
You will have solid knowledge of the following:
* 2 – 3 years’ experience as a ServiceDesk engineer supporting SME’s
* Experience of working in a customer facing role
* Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet both customer and contract requirements
* Working as part of a wider service delivery function
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamic operating systems and online services including installation and maintenance
* Exchange Technologies
* Active Directory
* Firewalls, Router & VPN technologies
* Microsoft Office and 365 services
The role is based in the HQ in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and commutable from surrounding areas.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 + great benefits including, contributed pension scheme, 25 days + 8 days bank holidays