2nd Line Support Engineer
£19,500 – £23,400 Depending on Experience & Skills
Are you an experienced software technical support professional looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment? Do you want to work for a small and established software company that has recently received financial investment to expand globally and has also just won the Queen’s Award for Innovation?
If you are a highly motivated individual, with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge services, we have the perfect job for you.
We are seeking a strong 2nd Line Support Engineer to help deliver the best software solutions to our 13,500+ customer base through innovative and industry-leading products.
* To provide technical support professionally and efficiently via the telephone, Helpdesk email and remote desktop software to technical and non-technical customers
* To take ownership of inbound communication and be proactive when dealing with customer issues
* Provide support for reliant third-party software and liaising with partner support teams
* To ensure response and resolution time targets are met consistently
* Ensure internal and external customers are continually updated on incidents where you have ownership
* To maintain a high standard of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and processes
* To escalate more complex fault tickets to the 3rd line team ensuring full context, replication steps and documentation is clearly included
* To fully investigate potential bugs and issues with our services, and communicate findings with developers
* Troubleshooting, debugging, and testing program code
* To identify opportunities which will ensure the department promotes new products/services to customers
* Provide guidance to colleagues in all areas of the company
Experience & Skills
* Previous working experience in software technical support for 2 years+
* Experience in a customer-facing role and upmost confidence speaking over the phone
* Ability to discuss technical subjects with both technical and non-technical customers
* Outstanding communication skills; both verbal and written
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to empathise with people from all backgrounds, e.g. customers, first line teams, management, and development teams
* Experience of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
* Experience of support helpdesk software e.g. Zendesk/ManageEngine
* Experience in remote support software e.g. TeamViewer
* In-depth knowledge of how software applications interact with the web and internet browsers
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.