2nd Line Network Engineer required by one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. Our client have around 100 IT professionals over 50 different locations and have recently invested over 3 million pounds into new modern IT systems consisting of Microsoft and Cisco. Our client operate a sector leading IT provision across 50 locations utilising enterprise technology via a private national Wide Area Network
The successful 2nd Line Network Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
* Being responsible for all hardware and software support calls that have been escalated by 1st line and other 2nd line engineers.
* Taking the lead on projects and BAU work
Key skills and Experience
* Experience of working in a 2rd Line Network role, demonstrating experience of dealing with issues escalated by 1st and 2nd line Network team. Being the sole point of contact to get all network related issues and problems resolved
* Experience of supporting network issues and problems across multiple sites supporting multiple users
* Strong IT/Network background including the following skills, experience
-Cisco skills including CCNA (ideally) or MCP/MCSE or ITIL certification
-Windows Server 2008, Office 365, MS SQL
* 25 days per year + Bank Holidays (8) rising to 30 days after 5 years + BH on top
* Pension Scheme with a Local Government Provider
* An opportunity to work with new technology – HP Servers and CISCO
* An opportunity to learn and develop new skills. A good Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme using industry certified accreditation e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional.
* Be able to work from home or remotely.
How do you like the sound of this role? Are you ready to take the next great job in your career – Simply apply for this role – and we will respond to your application within 24 hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.