Main Duties of the Job:
• Provide Vendors and other SCC peers with a focal point for core solutions
• Conceptualise and Design complex solutions, covering multiple sites, and including hosted Data Centre infrastructures.
• Pre-sales ownership of project engagement, working closely with the all areas of Professional Services to ensure projects are designed in line with SCC and industry standards.
• Run technical workshops covering multiple technologies.
• Perform presales activity in support of the Business Development team, creating both High Level Designs and Low Level Delivery documentation.
• Perform presales activity as required in support of the Solution Architecture and Sales teams.
• The role requires detailed design skills specific to the individuals technology specialisation complemented by an architecture-level appreciation of all relevant complementary technologies.
• Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside Professional Services Solution Architecture in developing and delivering service offerings based on industry best practice and “new to market” technologies.
• Development and delivery of technology specific presentations to both large audience seminars and project workshop environments.
• Development of the EUC Consult portfolio of products and solutions, in conjunction with Head or End User Computing
• Maintain knowledge of project delivery methodologies and technology roadmaps in the particular field of specialisation.
• Maintain a broad understanding of competitive products to the individuals specialisation, an understanding of their architectural principles and, where appropriate, design skills and accreditations in these products
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role.
• To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO accreditation levels.
• To outline and obtain, maintaining technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufacturers and software vendors.
• Work in conjunction with the appropriate sales personnel to understand the opportunities for Professional Services within their accounts and develop team skills to meet the requirement.
• At all times to provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
• To perform any other duties which, from time to time may be allocated by your Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Educated to a high standard, preferably with a relevant degree and with good technical background.
• Experience in architecting and preselling End User Computing solution and Associated Products. The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of some if not all of the following core solutions:-
Microsoft Hyper-V / VMware ESX
Microsoft Azure (Citrix on Azure)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/45562 →