We are looking for a mid-level WordPress developer that would join our client to support some of their existing clients. Someone who can quickly grasp different types of projects, who can communicate well with teammates, face to face and remotely, is productive, reliable and pragmatic.
You would be working on some relatively large WordPress projects, that are constantly scaling, in needs or new functionality as well as some new website prototypes for new clients.
You would be required to:
* Write clean, maintainable and tested code
* Work with a full-stack development team to build and maintain a WordPress based website.
* Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring and code standards)
* Our client have a strong front end team that can support you, and the role would, here require more PHP/WordPress backend knowledge.
* The role would suit particularly someone with the required WordPress experience but with an eventual desire to be trained and learned in Ruby on Rails.
* at least 2 years of experience in programming.
* accessibility-focussed and strong attention to detail on Backend development.
* good understanding of WordPress internals, ACF, WP CLI.
* good understanding of developing custom WordPress plugins, MySQL and performance optimisation.
* Some level of DevOps desirable.
* cloud computing platforms such as AWS
* Git, Github and Git flow
* flexible working – core working hours are 9am to 5.30pm
* 25 days holidays + bank holidays
* pension scheme
* life insurance
* learning and personal development opportunities
* 7% company’s profit redistribution scheme after your first year
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.