Work from home
Can be either full or part time
We are looking for an experienced Webforms Developer. This is due to some legacy systems still being in operation. Initially, this will be a remote work from home role, however, as time progresses we would be looking for you to be able to come to the offices in Rochester 1-2 days per week for collaboration with the Team. Therefore, it would be sensible for you to live no more than 1.5 hours commute from Rochester, Kent.
The team is well-established, sometimes it can be quiet when everyone is working, but that is no bad thing as most of the work demands concentration. No need for suits and shirts (although they would like staff to be clothed), so relaxed dress code, although PJs would not be appropriate!
As a Webforms developer, you will be responsible for working closely with clients to deliver new bespoke systems as well as ad hoc customisation and new functionality to existing systems.
The ability to work in a high-pressure environment for demanding clients through development, testing and delivery is critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, the ability to multi-task, be dedicated to detail and quality and foster a positive, open work environment.
The company provides bespoke software and the existing clients are vital to the company, so the importance of these projects is very high. The newer solutions are also very high up on that list as they are the new offerings attracting new clients. So there are no real 'throw away' projects, each project will have a high value to the company and as such sometimes comes with a little pressure and are time critical.
The offices are based just on the Medway City Estate, Rochester and there is free parking available.
For this role they can offer some flexibility and would be happy to consider candidates looking for either a part-time or full-time role.
· Supporting junior and mid-level developers working on their new systems developed in C# MVC
· Supporting and answering customer queries for systems, both historic (C# Web Forms) and recently developed (C# MVC)
· Development of more complex tasks on the new systems developed in C# MVC
· Development of new functionality and maintenance of historic systems (C# Web Forms and Umbraco)
· Working with development manager to ensure priority support tasks are worked on and resolved in good time
· Working with development manager to ensure junior and mid-level developers have the necessary support and tasks setup correctly
· Working with technical lead to ensure coding standards are maintained with the development of new systems (C# MVC)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.