Job Title: VMware Engineer
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
In January 2020, the Company became part of a Group who is a global innovator in cloud solutions, with colleagues and subsidiaries now located across UK, Ireland, and Netherlands. The Company is a boutique UK cloud service provider, they specialise in enabling companies to progress along the path of cloud maturity while driving better outcomes from their customers' existing technology investments.
Their ability to deliver flexible infrastructures utilising both private and public cloud technologies coupled with their responsive, agile, and above-all hugely capable technical teams is why their customers choose them above larger, slower-moving competitors and their innovative Transformation-as-a-Service approach separates them from other competitors. Services range from traditional VMware-based infrastructure; Backup & DR, to public cloud management with AWS, Azure, and Google; as well as newer PaaS & Dev-Ops and Containerisation services.
They are currently searching for a talented VMware Engineer to join their dynamic and growing technical team based in Edinburgh.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Company provides managed cloud and network services, and their ability to provide responsive, agile, and above-all intelligent support is why their customers choose them above their less responsive competitors. As a VMware Engineer one of your primary responsibilities is to respond to customer support enquiries, tickets, and change requests.
Another reason customers choose the Company for private cloud services is because they offer highly-performing and resilient infrastructure. This includes the latest servers, Pure Storage All-Flash Arrays, resilient Tier-1 transit providers, and so on. As a VMware Engineer, another primary responsibility is to monitor and maintain their compute and storage infrastructure to the highest possible standard.
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
* VMware – Experience within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge (ideally including 6.7)
* Backup & Disaster Recovery (ideally Veeam and/or Zerto)
* Monitoring – e.g. Nagios / Zabbix / Solarwinds / PRTG
* SAN storage arrays (ideally at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
* High level of written and spoken English
* High standard of documentation
* Linux Server Administration
* Windows Server Administration
* Scripting knowledge – e.g. Powershell / Python / Bash
* Azure / AWS Public Cloud Administration
* Network and Firewall Administration
* Remote Datacenter Management
* Confident self-starter. Able to learn quickly, use own initiative and be motivated to get the job done effectively
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Attention to detail
* Excellent team player
* Self-motivated to learn new technologies (evidence self-taught development)
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Infrastructure Engineer, DevOps Engineer, VMWare Technical Consultant, 3rd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Support, IT Field Service Engineer, System Administrator, System Lead, VMware Design, Cloud Virtualisation Architect, Cloud, Network Architect, Software Support, System Developer, Software Administrator, Software Architect, Lead Systems Support, DevOps Engineer, Application Engineer may also be considered for this role
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.