Job Title: User Experience Designer / Web Developer
As part of the Staffordshire Digital Innovation Partnerships project, Staffordshire University has entered into a partnership with an innovative and growing Staffordshire based Digital Inclusion organisation, Insight HR Ltd. are looking to recruit a graduate / undergraduate to take on a 24 week project involving designing, planning & implementing a system to house online learning resources and act as a front facing digital engagement tool.
Insight HR are a thriving Human Resources Consultancy company operating primarily in the Education sector. They provide HR guidance and support on the full range of employee relations issues and training in various aspects of Human Resources and Safeguarding. Their primary aim is and always will be to help their clients achieve their core goal of improving educational outcomes by providing a solutions-based HR consultancy service. Driven by the highest standards of professional competency, conduct and confidentiality they have grown rapidly since their formation in 2015 to now support over 170 establishments spanning 4 local authorities. Having identified a gap in the market for concise, accessible HR training opportunities for education staff at all levels they are excited to be working with Staffordshire University to develop and implement an interactive learning platform to transform HR course delivery in the education arena.
Duties and responsibilities
* Work with Insight HR to investigate the company's current needs and challenges in order to meet the objectives of the project
* Perform a feasibility analysis and a risk assessment for the project in conjunction with Insight HR and the university
* Research and advise on cost effective solutions for the project
* Work with Insight HR project lead and the university representative to create an overall project plan
* Hold weekly meetings with the Insight HR project lead and devise a weekly task plan
* Design and develop a front end for the application, taking the user experience into account
* Design and develop engaging and interactive user content
* Working in conjunction with third-party specialists in the area, design the data storage and back-end solution for the application.
* Convert the first tranche of existing resources into a format suitable for the potential users
* Produce guidelines for Insight HR for future material conversion
* Carry out comprehensive testing at all stages of the application development
* Ensure any legal and ethical issues are taken into account at all stages of the project
* Ensure the appropriate security measures are taken at all stages of the project
* Report on the impact of the project and possible future directions
Skills and experience
* Computing / User Experience / undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate
* Strong communication skills, being able to work as part of a team and also as an individual.
* Energy and enthusiasm, determination to succeed
* Good organisational skills and focused, problem-solving ability.
* To be prepared to fully participate in the commitment of the company to achieving the goals of the project.
* Knowledge of E-Learning Applications Design
* Knowledge of LMS and SCORM
* Knowledge of user experience / web design
* Knowledge of Creative Software Applications would be desirable
* Knowledge of front-end web frameworks would be desirable
* Knowledge of back-end web development would be desirable
The position is offered on a full time, fixed term contract for six months (24 weeks)
Hours and Days: Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm
The role will be home-based.
Business Location: Staffordshire
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.