Testing & Quality Assurance Manager
An exciting opportunity to lead the IT Quality Assurance capability within the Development Operations team of MS Amlin Business Services. Through your in-depth knowledge of Quality assurance, testing and test automation strategies you will help re-shape the Development Operations software development lifecycle to ensure that testing and quality is core to everything we deliver.
What you’ll spend your time doing:
The objective of the Testing and Quality Assurance Manager role is to define, implement and monitor a quality assurance framework, ensuring that all application development/project change deliverables meet our customers’ expectations of quality, functionality and reliability whilst driving down QA associated costs, improving testing and QA agility and mitigating risks associated with change on the service provided to our clients.
The testing and quality assurance manager will further be responsible for setting the strategy and design for testing automation, identifying areas for process optimisation and working with the DevOps tooling team to rollout appropriate tooling and workflows to drive testing efficiency and accuracy whilst reducing associated costs.
Finally, the QA manager will provide advice, guidance and subject matter expertise to development and support teams covering specialist testing such as:
Test Data Management
You’re going to enjoy this job if you also…
Have a passion for testing and quality assurance
Have an eye for detail
Are a strong problem solver
Can explain complex processes in simple terms
What you’ll need:
For this particular role there are some important qualifications and experience we need you to have. These include:
* At least 3 years’ experience leading a test function with at least 8 years total experience within the testing domain.
* Extensive knowledge of quality assurance practises and procedures in relation to software support/development
* Hands on experience implementing enterprise wide quality assurance frameworks
* Excellent knowledge of test automation and DevOps practise for Agile software development
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
* Proficient with multiple test frameworks/automation tools within both on prem and cloud environment
* Excellent vendor management skills and experienced working directly with outsource testing partners.
Hires and trains quality assurance and operational monitoring staff
Matrix manages specialised project/program testing resources
Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the quality assurance and operational monitoring department.
Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
What you can expect from us:
A competitive salary and benefits package is a given, but you can also expect:
A great team and supportive colleagues
An open mind (especially to new ideas and ways of doing things)
A strong focus on diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities
A programme of wellbeing and mental health support
Employer-supported volunteering (ESV)
Structured career development
About Ms Amlin
MS Amlin is part of a global top-10 insurance group, MS&AD. We’re made up of four distinct businesses covering global reinsurance, Lloyds franchise, local specialty insurer, and business services.
This role sits within our Business Services division (MS ABS) which supports our entire organisation through legal, HR, facilities management, marketing, IT, risk management, compliance and finance.
With the implementation of the SM&CR (Senior Managers & Certification Regime), the Financial Services and Markets Act gave the FCA new powers to write conduct rules and apply them to all employees within a firm. The Conduct Rules set basic standards of good personal conduct. They stipulate that you must:
Act with integrity
Act with due care, skill and diligence
Be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
Observe proper standards of market conduct
Contract length: 12 months
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Up to £60,000.00 per year
* Work from home
* Monday to Friday
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.