The role is for the world’s largest majority employee-owned insurance group. Created with a blend of insurance industry experts and technology champions from various industries, they focus on Digital Products and Data Solutions including automation, business-to-business / direct-to-consumer sales, analytics and driving business value from data insight.
They are an exciting and fast-paced place to work, with the culture of an entrepreneurial small business, yet delivering high-quality enterprise-grade industry-firsts into the global wholesale insurance market.
We are looking for an experienced ETL Tester to work closely with our vendor at a granular level and to provide oversight at a much lower level to ensure the right processes and procedures are adhered to.
About the role:
Joining the Centre of Excellence as the ETL Tester, reporting to the Testing Function Lead, you will partner with our vendor to work very closely on delivering testing capabilities across the data and application functions. You will have extensive experience in ETL/DWH testing and very good attention to detail. You will work collaboratively with the vendors, reviewing testing undertaken at a much granular level and identify gaps and risks with the approach. You will have leadership skills to enable you make these decisions.
What you’ll bring:
* Strong knowledge of ETL/DWH testing and experience writing complex queries
* Excellent technical skills and be technical savvy
* Be inquisitive and delve into the code to understand the end to end process and ensure there is full test coverage
* Excellent collaboration skills and ability to identify gaps in vendors testing
* Be risk adverse and identify risks and possible mitigation
* Have a thirst and knowledge of data automation to ensure quicker testing turnaround whilst ensuring quality is not compromised
* Review input and output test scenarios at use case levels and ensure there is test coverage for all scenario types
* Ability to confidently deputise for fortnight release review and sign off
* Ability to ensure vendors testing thoroughly tests the end to end process flows and application capabilities
* Good leadership skills while working collaboratively with vendors
* Knowledge of Dev Ops and how testing fits into this function
Skills and experience:
* Minimum 5 years ETL/DWH testing experience
* Experience in the Insurance Domain
* Experience of Test Leadership in the ETL field
* Proficient in Business Intelligence (BI) and data migration testing
* Proficient in SQL queries– Oracle, My SQL, MS SQL, MS Access
* Solid Back End Testing experience by writing complex SQL Queries
* Expose on Azure data factory ETL
* Experience in dashboard automation testing using Selenium or Cypress
* Experience of TDD/ATDD/BDD methodology and how testing fits into this
* Excellent communication and leadership skills
* Excellent report writing and presentation skills
* Experience working with off shore teams
* Experience in Test Reporting at scenario, percentage pass and failure rates and defects level
* Experience in effort estimations using industry standard methods
* Experience in Data Analysis and Data Validation
* Experience in creating traceability matrix mapping Test Scenarios / Test Cases with requirements
* Strong knowledge of STLC ( Software Testing Life Cycle ) and agile testing methodology
* Previous experience of working in London Market Insurance is be beneficial, but not essential
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.