Wellingborough based IT solutions provider is looking to recruit a versatile Test Analyst to work with their IT team on the successful delivery of their web and desktop developed applications.
Involved in the complete product life-cycle, the successful candidate would take responsibility for their own project units, but also collaborate with both technical and consultancy teams to ensure valuable delivery of software QA support.
The Test Analyst/Engineer role will encapsulate training, user acceptance and testing activities which will include
* Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents
* Provision of timely and meaningful feedback
* Creation of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Estimation, prioritisation, planning and coordination of testing activities
* Design, development and execution of automation scripts using Open Source tools
* Identification, recording, documenting and tracking of bugs
* Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
* Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
* Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements and document user stories
* Monitor debugging process results
* Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and implement corrective actions
* Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
* Write SQL queries to support internal and external users
* Provide user support to ensure delivery of the SLA agreements
* Prepare and deliver user training
* Monitor application performance to agreed specifications
* Complete routine checks and system back up
* Complete tasks as requested by the senior team to assist with delivery of services
The Key objectives of the role will be to deliver agreed personal objectives within specified timescales; to ensure that data security is maintained; to ensure customer requirements are satisfied and to understand both the company strategy and the commercial objectives.
The technical environment is SQL Server Databases sitting below an Azure based platform. Knowledge of Azure’s software suite of tools would be highly beneficial. Technical knowledge of SQL, scripting, visual studio & MS Office is essential along with a testing engineer skill-set of test plans, test cases, white box testing, black box testing, performance testing, security testing, automated testing tools all within an Agile/Scrum development process.
Excellent inter-personal, time management, written & oral communication skills, creative thinking and a meticulous attention to detail are mandatory.
With 5-10 year’s testing experience and coming from a retail/hospitality/nutrition industry background would be an ideal grounding for this role. This young company is looking to grow organically with enthusiastic and dynamic staff. So, if you feel that this could be the move for you, please get in touch
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.