Job role: Telecoms Engineer
Reporting to: Network Manager
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: £15.78 per hour
Temporary – Immediate start
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically competent, and well organised individual to assist our client in the running of the Telecoms Service. The post is a full time (37 hours per week), up to 6-month contract (with a possibility of extension). The candidate needs to be local to Newbury or able to travel regularly as this role requires office working some of the time.
Main duties and Responsibilities
Our client’s Telecommunications Service manage an Openscape Voice (VOIP) telecommunications network supporting 2,000 users across 8 sites. The department also manages an Openscape Unified Communications voice server, contact centre telephony, voicemail, call logging and mobile telephony estate. In addition, the service delivers a large and varied programme of telecoms related projects to a variety of customers.
Preferable requirements are a working knowledge of Openscape Voice systems & software, Procenter and IP technology. You will have an excellent customer service attitude, a flexible approach and a willingness to learn and acquire new skills and to help develop new, more efficient processes and procedures.
You should be inquisitive, and preferably knowledgeable of installing and supporting a unified communications system would be a distinct advantage to make “an Openscape Unified Communications”. You should be well organised and able to work on your own initiative, sometimes under pressure, whilst retaining a good sense of humour!
· Siemens / Atos 'Unify’ or ‘Openscape’ experience which is essential for this role.
· Broad knowledge of telephony, including softphones
· Good understanding of the latest telephony technologies
· Experience of delivering end user support and guidance
· Good customer service and communication skills
· Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
· Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good keyboard skills
· Team working skills
· Good organisational skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
Please do not hesitate to apply or contact us for more information
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.