About the company
Our client is an academy and consultancy which works in partnership with its clients, across a number of sectors, to provide them with the people they need to fill their technology skills gaps and to build their talent pipeline. They train graduates, ex-forces personnel and those looking to return to work after a career break, transforming them into IT and business professionals, before deploying them across their client base as consultants.
They believe their purpose is to create and inspire exciting careers that shape the digital future. They want to make sure that the opportunity for a career in tech is made available to as wide an audience as possible. They are proud to be an equal opportunities employer: it enables them to attract, recruit, train and deploy incredible people. With centres across Europe, North America and APAC, they have shown exponential growth throughout the years, firmly establishing themselves as an award-winning FTSE 250 employer.
About The Role
The organisation is looking to expand its Training Division to meet rapidly growing demand. There is an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Trainer with proven commercial experience in Dev Ops to join their experienced Training Team. The role will predominantly involve training the latest pool of talented graduates, helping to shape and develop their future by providing the skills they need to succeed as Technical Consultants. Based at our Glasgow or Leeds Academy you will be working in a team of talented individuals, utilising your industry knowledge and sharing it with the next generation of IT specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Delivering Technical training modules effectively and to a high standard.
* Assessing and grading trainee work.
* Support and mentoring of trainees throughout their time in the Academy.
* Deliver courseware updates as appropriate in conjunction with Course and Product Owners.
* Passion for training and delivery
* Commercial experience in using DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform
* Flexible and self-motivated
* Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment
* Industry experience of 5 years or more
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Extensive knowledge of Java
Experience in some of the following technologies/tools/roles is highly desirable:
* Cloud Architecture and Administration (AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud)
* Test Automation Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI, and Postman Penetration testing
* Administering datacentres and enterprise network practices and defence tools
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria for the Technical Trainer (DevOps) role, please respond to this with an up-to-date copy of your CV quoting both the reference number and title for the job/s you are interested in. If you have any problems during the application process, please call the office on (phone number removed). Our office hours are between 9am – 5pm Monday through to Friday. You may not hear from us straight away due to the level of applications we receive every day. We can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customer in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity. To find out more about us please see our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.