Job No: Tectre1142
Title: Technical Trainer (Data Engineering)
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 (Dependent on experience and location)
Location: Leeds or Glasgow
Our client is a global professional services provider with a focus on IT. Working with nearly 200 clients across multiple business sectors, their unique and robust business model brings their clients requirements and technology together in the most effective way. With training centres across the UK, mainland Europe, North America and Asia, our client has shown rapid growth in recent years and has firmly established itself as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Our client is looking to expand its Training Division to meet rapidly growing demand. There is an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Trainer with proven commercial experience in Data engineering to join our clients experienced Training Team. The role will predominantly involve training the latest pool of talented graduates, helping to shape and develop their future by providing the skills they need to succeed as Technical Consultants. Based at any either our Leeds or Glasgow Academies, you will be working in a team of talented individuals, utilising your industry knowledge and sharing it with the next generation of IT specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Delivering technical training modules effectively and to a high standard
* Assessing and grading trainee work
* Support and mentoring of trainees throughout their time in the Academy
* Deliver courseware updates as appropriate in conjunction with Course and Product Owners
* Five years of commercial / industry experience in a Data Engineering field
* Passion for training and delivery
* Flexible and self-motivated
* Knowledge of Kafka, Hive, Hadoop, and Spark
* Excellent working knowledge and experience in SQL, Linux, and Python
* Experience working in an Agile or Waterfall environment
Experience in some of the following technologies/tools/roles is highly desirable:
* Working knowledge of Java
* Experience of using data integration tools e.g. Talend, Pentaho data integration
* Any exposure to Azure Databrick and
* Knowledge of either Google, Amazon, or Azure’s Big Data Cloud stacks
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria for the Technical Trainer role, please respond to this with an up to date copy of your CV. If you have any problems during the application process, please call the office on (phone number removed). Our office hours are between 9am – 5pm Monday through to Friday. You may not hear from us straight away due to the level of applications we receive every day. We can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customer in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity. To find out more about us please see our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.