Technical Support Engineer
As the escalation point for all, IT support queries. You will work with the support team to maintain and monitor IT systems, including remote working solutions, and understand and resolve technical issues promptly and professionally.
Responsibilities & Duties
– Respond to end-user software or hardware queries via email, phone, or face to face.
– Work with the Technical Director and wider support team to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented.
– Update the ticketing system, ensuring the call has been logged and all notes, progress, and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
– Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various software and hardware technologies supported by the team.
– Always maintain a strong customer focus.
– Take ownership and go through a fault-finding process to diagnose the problem and resolve where possible.
– Ensure all customers have a resolution within a quick timeframe or informed of the progress
– Carry out weekend updates and upgrades where necessary
– Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanner
– Escalation point to other support technicians
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
* Technical and analytical skills
* Organisational skills
* Interpersonal and communication skills
* A meticulous and methodical nature
* Attention to detail
* A logical mind
* The ability to work well under pressure
* Enthusiasm for continual learning
* Minimum of 2 years proven experience working in a 2nd line position (Required)
* Candidate must hold one of the following Microsoft accreditations MCSA or MCSE. (Required)
* Knowledge of working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
* Microsoft Server 2003 – 2012
* Microsoft desktop PC OS 7 – Windows 10
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Microsoft Exchange 2007 – 2013
* Microsoft Office 365
* Server Virtualisation (HyperV and VMware)
* LAN/WAN (routers, switches, firewall)
* High level desktop support skills
* Backup technologies
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.