Our client based in Bath are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to join their team.
The role will involve:
• Taking and resolving technical queries that arrive via telephone and email, dealing mainly with the client’s system administrator or their 3rd party IT support company
• Carrying out remote installation/upgrade of software on a client’s system according to their infrastructure setup and upgrade protocols
• Dealing with client queries on 3rd party integration issues (e.g. with Microsoft Word/Outlook)
• Obtaining copies of databases and information for 2nd line support investigation
• Ensuring that clients are kept up to date with the progress of their call and maintaining a full call history in our in-house Support system.
• Supporting internal staff and systems with laptop installation/remote working queries/new user setup
• Experience of working in a front-line software technical support role or qualifications that cover networking/software
• Good IT skills – Knowledge of Microsoft suite
• A willingness to do out of office hours work following full training and experience in order to meet our client’s requirement to minimize disruption on upgrade/installation when downtime is required
• Experience of working with Microsoft Word/Outlook as an Add-in to other software
• Software installation on a variety of server/network infrastructures
• Excellent communication skills (active listening and clear, articulate verbal and written ability)
• Problem solving skills in a technical environment
• A confident and assertive individual who will be able to appreciate the needs of our customers whilst balancing the pressure of a high call volume environment
Should this role be of interest to you, please send us a copy of your CV or call Paul on (Apply online only) for further details.
Simple Recruitment (South West) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency where this vacancy is concerned
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.