This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid to senior level Technical Specialist to perfect their skills while working on cutting edge technology in classified environments. Progression opportunity is enormous with this client and at the forefront of their minds, as they like to develop their team into their more senior roles. The package is very competitive with a 15% pension, 10% discretionary bonus, 25 days off not inc. bank holidays, discounts on tech and share options on commencing of employment.
About this role
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities. Our mission focused work is innovative, inspiring and technologically challenging in a way that makes every day different and stimulating. We provide the opportunity to work on rare projects, with exciting tools and brilliant people. Everyone has access to unparalleled professional and personal development opportunities and your contribution is always valued. (SSG)
Engineering is a large multi-disciplined ‘professional services’ engineering practice. The team is organised in key customer focused capabilities which each have sub-capability areas comprising single or multiple engineering delivery projects. Our Engineering mantra is “Technical Excellence in Engineering” and we deliver some amazing technical capabilities for our customers which can only happen if we recruit, train and support our people.
As a technical specialist you’ll be working within a fast-paced, constantly evolving team that uses DevOps methodologies to deliver world class secure platforms that make a real difference to our customers. From operating systems, build automation, deployment, monitoring, data storage, virtualisation and in-life management and threat detection and remediation, you’ll be delivering the platforms that many of our programmes depend upon. You’ll also be deeply involved in the full engineering delivery life cycle, including working directly with customers to understand and capture requirements/user stories, through to integration, acceptance and customer sign off.
You'll have the following responsibilities
* Provide the technical direction for the build and delivery of world class secure platforms, through the creation of high- and low-level designs.
* Be hands on in the build and deployment of platforms, including the configuration of operating systems, provisioning virtualised environments, building storage solutions and carrying out network configuration.
* Use automation technologies as a standard part of platform build.
* Build and deploy monitoring and observability solutions on to developed platforms.
* Work directly with customers to understand and capture requirements/user stories, through to integration, acceptance and customer sign, ensuring delivered solutions align to customer expectations.
* Lead delivery teams by providing delivery management to ensure on time and high quality delivery.
* Provide technical coaching and mentoring to more junior team members.
* Team Responsibilities and Functions
* Design, Development and Support of Highly Secure Critical Infrastructure.
* Utilised as subject matter experts in core systems capabilities with direct vendor engagement.
* Collaborate with our customers to mitigate and remove system vulnerabilities while providing high levels of system uptime
* Continually improve and enhance platform through instrumentation of observability platform and feedback loops.
You'll have the following skills & experience
Skills required for the job
* Core competencies: A highly self-motivated and confident thinker, able to lead and work as part of a team to deliver complex solutions.
* Leadership: We will require you to lead and manage a diverse and geographically disparate technical team.
* Problem Solving: In this role you will be required to solve the problems others cannot. A methodical approach to diagnosing and resolving issues with clear communication to both senior and junior members of the business is necessary.
* Technical Breadth: The tasks we undertake are normally at the intersection point of numerous technical disciplines. The most successful engineers are those who are able to move beyond their area of expertise into other technical domains (e.g. Software, Networking or Security).
* Continuous Learning: Today’s skills may not meet tomorrow’s challenges. In this role you will be expected to continually develop your skills and, with our support, ensure you remain technically relevant.
Experience you would be expected to have
Experience in developing, maintaining and tuning Elastic.
Experience using Security monitoring tools and frameworks, for example NiFi.
Experience developing, maintaining and tuning End Point monitoring software and tools.
* Experience of leading a team of technical professionals using using modern software development methodologies (e.g. Atlassian and/or Gitlab).
* Experience in developing and maintaining continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines using test tooling such as Molecule, Jenkins, Pester and Robot)
* instrumenting networks and monitoring using observability platforms such as Elastic (NoSQL), Influx or Prometheus (TSDB) with experience dashboarding using tools such as Grafana or Kibana.
* Automating deployments and configuration management of Linux and/or Windows systems using Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Terraform
* System integration skills using programming/scripting languages such as Python, Powershell and Bash.
* Worked on hybrid cloud/on premise virtualisation and container platforms (e.g VMware and/or Kubernetes).
Due to the sensitive nature of our work, you will be required to gain and maintain high level government security clearance and be willing to undergo the initial enhanced screening. All job offers are conditional on these requirements. You will need to have UK residency for 9 out of the last 10 years and be a UK national. At least one of your parents is also required to be either a British citizen or hold citizenship/nationality
Discounted TV & mobile packages and products
On target Bonus
Share options and 10% pension contribution
Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualifications
Flexible benefits/rewards including dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.
Well-being support for you and your family
3 days paid volunteering a year
Flexible and smart working (subject to business needs)
If this is sounds appealing then apply below. If you have any questions feel free to call or email
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.