An exciting opportunity for a Technical Solutions Architect to work for Kent & Essex Police.
Role: Technical Solutions Architect
Salary: £22 – £24 p/h PAYE
Duration: ASAP for 10 weeks
Purpose of role:
Provide expert advice and analysis on technical aspects of system development and integration. Producing reference high level and low level design documents for technical review and for use by implementation teams. Ensuring that the client's IT infrastructure maximise opportunities and facilitates the effective use of information systems throughout the company.
– Identify the impact of proposed developments on the company's IT infrastructure standards and strategies,
evaluate specified technological requirements of systems, consult with principal stakeholders, ensuring that
systems architectures balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements, in order to
ensure the compatibility and compliance of systems and structures that are introduced.
– Review and evaluate new and emerging technologies, hardware, software and communication technologies
and products, undertakes investigations, assessing and evaluating their relevance and potential benefit to the company, preparing reports and developing business proposals, ensuring that the company are able to take maximum advantage of new and emerging technologies that enhance the quality and viability
of effective IT services.
– Provide expert advice on technical aspects of system design, development and integration, including
the operational and maintenance aspects of systems under development, and proposed system recovery
procedures, monitoring technical progress, consulting project management, transition and development
teams of major technical issues and problems, in order to ensure the compatibility and effectiveness of
systems and structures introduced.
– Monitor the technical implications and progress of changes to new and existing applications, evaluating
the impact on the IT infrastructure, providing expert advice to IT Managers regarding significant technical
specifications and solutions to the technical infrastructure, in order to support the provision of efficient and
effective IT services for both forces.
– Produce detailed component specifications from systems architectures, including high level design and low level design documents, using appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, advising on the identification of products to support procurement decisions that support procurement and financial decisions and contribute to the development and implementation of high quality systems architectures throughout.
– Participate as a member of project boards, working groups, attending other relevant meetings at a local, county and regional level, including the delivery of briefings and presentations to senior managers, providing expert consultancy services and technical advice, to ensure consistency of design and application of architectural standards throughout the IT Services change portfolio.
– Promote and develop working partnerships with external organisations, agencies other police forces and partners, establishing complementary plans and building a framework for collaborative working, identifying common issues and themes, creating a wide range of contacts, so as to support regional and national IT infrastructure developments, share best working practices and maximise the benefits of good working relationships.
– The Technical Solutions Architect will be educated to degree level, together with an appropriate IT professional
qualification and will possesses an extensive knowledge of the policing and business operating environments.
– They will need to have a strong grasp of project management principles and processes and have a detailed knowledge of ITIL Versions 2 and 3.
– Possession of IT Architecture (Practitioner) Certificate Information Systems Examination Board or ITIL Managers Certificate is desirable.
– SFIA Skills at Level 6 in Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture and Emerging Technology Monitoring are required.
– A sound knowledge of risk assessment, change management, configuration management, reliability and safety
methods and the use of metrics is essential.
– The Technical Solutions Architect will possess the technical skills and knowledge necessary to identify new
and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies and products, services, methods and
techniques and the assessment of their relevance and potential value to the company.
– Excellent communication, presentational and interpersonal skills are essential for the post holder to be
Apply Now! To get your CV in front of the hiring manager today.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.