HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
Our role sits within HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO) we’re increasingly delivering in-house through our growing network of digital delivery centres – hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
Valuation Office Agency Customer Group (VOA CG) provides digital services and IT support to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA): drawing on HMRC’s digital expertise to ensure our customer (the VOA) gets the right level of service as well as building and supporting specialist, unique services.
There are some important attributes that we are looking for in anyone joining VOA CG. You must have a collaborative approach and a passion to communicate effectively. You will take accountability and ownership and have the ability to coach, mentor, reflect and to give and receive feedback. You will be flexible and adaptable, working with a sense of urgency and be passionate about having ‘The Customer’ at the heart of what you do.
As a Technical Architect, you will be accountable for the technical delivery of all business application projects across the VOA, predominantly based on Microsoft web technologies and databases, but also other technologies as and when chosen. The role holder will utilise architecture best practices such as the TOGAF frameworks to establish and maintain standards and processes across all aspects of technology within the VOA, standardising technical solutions to improve efficiency and service delivery across IT.
You will be a specialist in your field and a role model across the technical architecture community, helping to lead and support the community to build high quality products and services. You will bring a breadth of understanding across a range of technical domains and depth of experience in a number of domains or specialisms.
You will work closely with the other Architects and will work collaboratively across normal ‘chains of command’ to advise, direct activity relating to applications elements, and be a key individual in many IT projects and changes.
• Provide strategic technical leadership and architectural design to drive forward the provision of capabilities and services that enable and enhance the business.
• Working with the Chief Architect, set the strategic direction for all IT related domains in VOA CG and VOA and ensure coherence with the wider government approach to IT
• Establish and maintain architectural principles, standards, blueprints, roadmaps and transitions states that underpin all IT design and delivery in VOA CG
• Lead the work with projects to embed the architectural design gates within the overall governance process ensuring reference information is published, maintained and readily available
• Maintain a broad and up-to-date knowledge of current state and emerging developments across technology areas including infrastructure, networks, applications and data; bring this knowledge and expertise to bear in the design of systems
• Provide professional leadership and development for technical architects across VOA CG and VOA
• Manage, mentor and develop staff, work cooperatively with colleagues and key individuals/teams to promote high-performance, and manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with HMRC values.
• Proven experience with Architecture design and modelling techniques, patterns, tools and standards.
• Demonstrable experience with public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools and standard methodology (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
• Working knowledge of Agile / DevOps delivery methodologies.
• Presenting to technical governance forums.
• Experience of End user devices, inc. back-end management and support infrastructure, specifically in depth solid understanding of AD, ADFS, ADCS, DNS, DHCP, CMS5, PKI, ESSO and myOffice
• Microservice and API-led architecture and integration design tools and techniques.
• Event-based architecture design, patterns (including pub-sub and data streaming), modelling techniques, tools and standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.