Role: Systems Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Are you proficient in conceptualizing software solutions for ECUs and innovative vehicle topologies?
Are passionate about Model Based System Engineering?
Join Tata Consultancy Services as a Systems Engineer.
Careers at TCS: It means more
TCS is a purpose-led transformation company, built on belief. We don’t just help businesses to transform through technology. We support them in making a meaningful difference to the people and communities they serve – our clients include some of the biggest brands in the UK and worldwide. For you, it means more opportunities to make an impact that matters, through challenging projects which demand ambitious innovation and leadership.
The System Engineers are supported in defining reliable system requirements taking active part in requirements review process. The System Engineer’s deliverables enable the design of features from Infotainment & Telematics domain. The main focus of this role would be executing defined requirements definition and SW design/architecture.
* Conceptualise software solutions for ECUs and innovative vehicle topologies.
* Collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers to determine project scope and roadmap.
* Decide on the platforms, frameworks and coding standards to be used in project development.
* Evaluate existing software solutions to identify areas for reusability and improvement.
* Analyse modifications for existing software to upgrade performance.
* Maintain thorough documentation of systems and applications.
* Mentor, encourage, and motivate team members.
* Oversee architectural approaches from conception to installation.
* Design the entire system based on the received requirements.
* Choose the system architecture and each individual component of this system at a high level.
* Lead Architectural reviews.
* Resolve disputes and make tradeoffs.
* Resolve technical problems.
* Plan for new technology integration.
* Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
* Ability to communicate clearly the complex concepts from the system level to the component level.
* Proved hands-on experience on C and/or C++ programming and debugging on Linux / QNX operating systems.
* Experience in both low-level operating system functionality (e.g., memory/resource management, scheduling, process control) as well as high-level real-time and/or embedded applications.
* System requirements analysis and design.
* Software requirements derivation and allocation to the Software Architecture.
* UML, Microsoft Visio, MSOSA and SySML hands-on experience, clear understanding of modelling.
* Good knowledge of Design Patterns.
* Understanding of Model Based System Engineering.
* Good understanding of networking and security.
* Good knowledge of ISO standards relative to Software Development Lifecycle, Requirements management, Architecture and coding.
* Understanding of Automotive Standards (ASPICE).
* Good understanding of SDLC processes.
* Good understanding of Hardware – Software interactions.
Rewards & Benefits
TCS is consistently voted a Top Employer in the UK and globally. Our competitive salary packages feature pension, health care, life assurance, laptop, phone, access to extensive training resources and discounts within the larger Tata network.
Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing
At TCS, we believe in building and sustaining a culture of equity and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our diversity motto is ‘Inclusion without Exception’.
You’ll find a welcoming culture and many internal volunteering and social networks to join. Our diversity, inclusion and social activities include LGBTQ+ and mental health networks, as well as health and wellness initiatives and sports events (we even sponsor the London Marathon).
TCS celebrates inclusion without exception. We are open to all and treat applications equally, regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation or beliefs.
If you are an applicant who needs an accommodation due to a disability to complete an employment application, or during any phase of the hiring process, please contact us with the subject line: “Disability Accommodation Request”.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will be unable to contact each applicant individually on the status of their application. If you have not received a direct response within 30 days, then it should be deemed unsuccessful on this occasion.
1. Online application > 2. Technical discussion > 3. Managerial discussion > 4. HR discussion