WHAT DRIVES US…
Maybe you know us, maybe you do not. Even though you probably use our services every day. So, we would like to share more about what we do at Nominet, and why we do it, so that you can help us to build the right team.
We're proudly at the heart of the UK's critical internet infrastructure. Leading the charge in cyber security, as we explore and pioneer new tech.
We do this to enable connectivity, inclusivity, and security for our world – and create a vibrant digital future.
That is what drives us – and the kind of people we want to work with.
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus excellent benefits including a 10-20% bonus, 30 days holiday allowance, flexible working hours, healthcare, pension scheme, life assurance, wellbeing allowance, flex benefits
ABOUT THE ROLE:
If you’d relish the opportunity to work on technology that's at the heart of the internet, then have a look at what this role of Systems Administrator in our Internet Engineering and Operations team can offer you!
This role is a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of technologies that underpin the critical national infrastructure for the .UK registry services and Nominet's cyber security solutions. You will be joining other technical experts in a team responsible for managing the on-premise, hybrid and cloud IT infrastructure services and systems for Nominet and its customers. In particular, you would take ownership of working closely with Information Security and the Security Architect to apply continuous improvement to infrastructure and tools.
Nominet has recently announced a £20 million programme to upgrade all critical services, focusing on improvements to the .UK name space that will ensure a resilient, reliable and secure future in an increasingly complex digital landscape. As part of this Technology Transformation Programme you will have the opportunity to play a key role in introducing brand new technology for privileged access management (PAM) across the business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As well as BAU activities to manage uptime and performance of both systems and services, you will work with the wider infrastructure team to deliver infrastructure projects across multiple technologies and platforms. The Systems Administration team provide on-call support, so after a period of settling in you will join the on-call rota for the team.
* Ensure infrastructure security requirements are clearly defined and adhered to
* Evaluate infrastructure deployed in the current environment to ensure they adhere to security architectural requirements
* Ensure all infrastructure is regularly patched and up to date, proactively addressing infrastructure-based vulnerabilities (e.g. issues in OSWAP)
* Proactively manage both the hardware and software and provide excellent technical support
* Manage datacentre visits, audits, server installs and removals
* Manage server builds /decommission
* Build tools/ scripts and support previously developed tools to improve automation
* Provide support dealing with incidents, daily checks, upgrades, changes, backups & monitoring
* Support and improve monitoring infrastructure
* Work within an ITIL/ISO 20000 framework to preserve vital production services and produce appropriate documentation
WHO YOU ARE
You will have developed your technical knowledge by working in System Administration, Server Administration or DevOps and have proven experience of:
* Working within service level agreements
* Delivering infrastructure projects
* Understanding a broad range of infrastructure technologies
We are looking for candidates with good knowledge and experience of:
* Linux – RedHat RHEL6/7/8
* HP/3PAR SAN
* HP & Dell Hardware
* Configuration management tools (we use Ansible, but experience with Chef or Puppet also works for us)
* Scripting (Perl, Ruby, Python, Bash, PHP)
The following experience is desirable but not essential:
* Knowledge of running PAM solutions
* Kafka / Cassandra
* Bitbucket or similar
* VMWare Horizons
* Service Now administration
* Zabbix configuration
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.