On the Beach sends over 1.5M people on their perfect beach holiday every year, but we’re only just getting started. We are currently looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our growing infrastructure team in our fantastic new Manchester office.
This role would be suited to someone who has a wealth of general system administration knowledge but also has a keen eye for embracing modern approaches to system administration such as automation and infrastructure as code.
This is a great opportunity to elevate your career and join a passionate team of like-minded people striving to produce the very best. We sell holidays, so the office is bright, people smile and we’re always excited! We work hard (rarely at our desks) and play hard (pool, table tennis, Xbox), the bar opens on a Friday afternoon and the work/life balance is second to none.
And YES… we do have hammocks!
The role of a Systems Administrator is very varied, ranging from contributing to the design and implementation of large-scale projects to troubleshooting daily support tickets from the business.
Some of the key responsibilities are outlined below:
* Deploying and maintaining the hardware infrastructure.
* Working with the Infrastructure Manager to plan and provision hardware in colo datacentre as well as our in-office datacentres.
* The OS deployment of Linux using fully automated bare-metal provisioning with PXE and imaging utilities.
* Using a variety of different deployment methods ranging from automated preseed/kickstart installation to full bare-metal provisioning from precompiled images.
* Maintaining in-service systems, including keeping track and applying security and software updates, renewing and deploying certificates etc.
* Planning and deploying network infrastructure changes.
To be a successful Systems Administrator, you will have the following skills and experiences:
* Extensive knowledge and proven experience of installing and supporting Linux distributions, specifically CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu.
* Extensive knowledge of standard system tools with the ability to use them to create automated and repeatable complex system tasks using Puppet.
* Proficiency in using bash, experience with other scripting languages such as Ruby or Python is beneficial, but not a requirement.
* Experience with Linux networking implementation, including link-aggregation (802.3ad, 802.1ax), load balancing and high availability (HAProxy, Keepalived).
* Wider network knowledge such as VLAN, routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP is beneficial but not a requirement.
* Knowledge of *nix desktop environments (macOS, Ubuntu etc..) would be beneficial when providing escalated support to our internal IT team.
* The ability to comprehend and communicate clearly and effectively on a wide range of technical issues with people at all levels.
* A full driving license is beneficial but not a requirement.
In return, a Systems Administrator will receive a competitive salary and a range of fantastic benefits.
To apply for this Administrator role, please click apply online and complete the full application process
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.